Twins Diving Centre in Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockinrobin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My girlfriend and I have just returned from our first trip to the Red Sea and we had such a great time with the diving centre we used that we felt it was only fair to give a big thank you to them on Scubaboard.

We chose to use them after looking at lots of websites and taking suggestions from forums here. The final deciding factor was that they were the only company who seemed to want to reply to our e-mails and genuinely want our business.

They arranged to pick us up each day and to return us to our hotel, after filling us with lots of strong, black tea. I know that most centres will do this, but they seemed to take pleasure in making our trip as easy as possible.

Over a two week period, we logged 31 dives between us and enjoyed each one. Reefs, drifts and wrecks, all of them well briefed and guided. They arranged for us to dive with another couple of centres when our choice of site was not avaliable and these peoples' boats were not up to the standard of Twins.

The only negative thing that could be said was that on a couple of trips there was no fresh water on the boat, but this was more than made up for by the excellent food, drinks and crew.

The guiding provided by Mitch and Hassan was great, Mansour (the captain) never seemed to stop smiling and the organisation from Khaled and Anita left us with so little to worry about that the time just flew by.

If anyone wants to look at their website it is www.twinsdivers.com or we'll happily answer any quick queries posted here or mailed to robinsamuels@lycos.co.uk.

Again, thanks to Twins Diving Centre and I hope that this is of use to anyone thinking of using them, or in doubt over which centre to use.

Robin and Alexandra

I am deciding if I'll go in Egypt in may or if I'll go in Asia or in Bonaire and starting to read more on red sea diving + finding not too expensive plane tickets is getting me very interested in Egypt.
Did you do any of the safaris twindivers offer? If I'll go, I want to dive the north (probably from sharm el sheik and/or Dahab--Ras mohammed and Thistlegorm + strait of tirans) and the brothers (nearer Hurghada but only in 7 days safaris? ). Did you dive the brothers?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Our travel dates were a bit confused with one of us in Egypt for 2 weeks and one for 1, travelling out of synch with the other. This messed up our diving plans allowing for 24 hours before flying etc so we decided to just stick with daily dives.

We wanted to dive Thistlegorm, but the weather got the best of us, the wind was too high for the trip to be either comfortable or quick enough.

Even though we didn't do any of the safari trips, judging on the service we received, I wouldn't hesitate to book them in the future.

As far as Egypt and Hurghada in general are concerned, ignore the negative comments you may have heard or read. Remember that you are travelling to a third world country and keep an open mind. Yes, the place is dusty but what do expect from somewhere with little or no rainfall and year-round sun! The shop keepers may be a bit over enthusiastic at times but if you are polite yet firm they leave you alone. Women travellers seem to be ok but I would suggest any single women travelling alone wear a wedding ring and refer to their husband, better to be safe than sorry. I've spent time in a lot of European and American cities where I felt far less secure walking around late at night. On her last trip to her native Lisbon, my girlfriend saw somebody mugged walking round the shops.

I don't know what you want out of a holiday except time spent underwater, but we will go back and plan to use Twins again.

Hope this is of help.

Thanks for the reply! I am buying the ticket to go in Egypt probably today and will looked into different operators. Gulfdivers have very good prices but I'll probably decide on spot by talking to the DMs. I am not worrying about getting dusty and dirty and I'll keep an open mind...I've been twice in Asia on a budget and in CA so I think I won't be shocked too much (though it's going to be the first very dry-desertic country I'll visit!).
Thank you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom