Two Nevada Teens died diving California Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
In memory of Stephen Anderson, 16, and Keegan Aiazzi, 17 of Carson City, Nevada
Nearly 100 friends and family gathered in Carson City (Saturday) night for a make-shift memorial.

On Sunday, students filtered in and out of Carson High's campus, laying flowers at the entrance. They plan to meet tomorrow at 6:50 a.m. Monday to place candles and flowers at Keegan and Stephen's parking spots.
There are many stories on the net about this sad loss of the two varsity football players. My condolences to boys' grieving families and multitude of friends, as well as the divers, Coast Guard, police, firemen, medics and others who recovered the boys, attempted rescue, or even witnessed the sad day.

Accident discussion at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/377698-two-fatalities-monterey-3.html

Amen, Don. A sad day.

My condolences to all involved, including responders and the boys' instructors. You've said it well.

-Bryan

So you started a thread about another thread that was already in progress? :idk:

Amen, Don. A sad day.

My condolences to all involved, including responders and the boys' instructors. You've said it well.

-Bryan
My daughter's family thinks I am a silly mother hen at times worrying about their well being. I explain that they are really all I have and I couldn't stand to lose any of them. I have a grandson the same age as these boys who does not listen to cautions at all, pulls some really wild stunts, and recently totaled his first vehicle so I feel I have reasons for concern - but I guess you gotta just hope for the best at times. I wonder what my dad told my mom when I rolled my first car or went thru my motorcycle phase? Can't ask either now.
So you started a thread about another thread that was already in progress? :idk:
Different threads, different forums, different reasons. Please refer to the description on this forum.

No...he started a thread in "Passings" to express sympathy/grief for the two boys who died in the accident.

The other thread is in "Accidents and Incidents", its purpose is to invite constructive analysis so that other dives may learn, if possible, from the tragedy.

Just to clarify.

My best wishes to their families. This is a big eye opener for me being only 16 and diving every weekend, it can show you just how fast things can go wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom