Two New TDI KISS CCR Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walt Stearns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Although a little late in coming, I would like to announce that on February 20th, there are two newly certified TDI Air Diluent KISS CCR Divers - Gerry Carroll (owner of Jupiter Dive Center, Jupiter FL) and Kourosh Mahboubian (Mad Dog Expeditions), along with two newly minted TDI MOD 1 KISS CCR Instructors – Garry Gressett from Texas, and myself here in sunny Palm Beach County, FL.

Our training took place on the R/V Tiburon (RV Tiburon), at her homeport in Key West, with put us in supper easy range to do some of our finale training dives on the Vandenberg. As a platform the Tiburon, a 63-foot United States Coast Guard certified passenger vessel (sleep 6 guest, and 4 crew in air-conditioned comfort, each intimate cabin is equipped with TV and vanity, tempur-pedic mattress pads) designed for research and exploration work. She is equipped with state of the art safety gear, electronic equipment, compressor system for doing everything from air, nitrox pure O2 to 3000 psi and trimix. In Garry’s words, it was like being on board a Floating CCR Diving College, between what the vessel has on board, what it can do, not mention the range of knowledge and experience in technical diving. Both Tim Taylor (the Tiburon’s owner) and RB Haven (vessel’s senor engineer) are highly avid KISS Mix gas divers.

I would also little to thank our instructor Alan Studley for opportunity to once again be a student of a master teacher.

Back
Top Bottom