Two of my Four Mares Pucks have the same problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
Hi I am hoping that a Mares Rep will see and reply to this post.

I have 4 Mares Puck Wrist Computers. I purchased all of the in the states. Two of the four have the same problem, the symptoms are
1. In the log book it shows that they both have been to 150 Meters as my deepest dive(of course I never went to 150M's).
2. When I put a new battery in the computer it acts as though it will work correctly at the surface but when I submerge it never actuates.
3. It sucks new batteries dry in a matter of a couple of days(even though they are not working)

SN 047869 FRM 00 12 res 172

SN 048307 FRM 00 12 res 005

My big concern is that I have been recommending this as a new diver computer and now 50% of mine are not working 1 less than a year after having received it and the other a year and a half.

Please let me know:
1. if this is a common problem
2. what is the fix, as I am in the Philippines with no service center...

Cheers,
Roger

Sounds like you're Pucked bro. Working at a shop in the Maldives we had nothing but problems with the Puck. The problems were varied but regular and swapping batteries sometimes worked sometimes not, so we were sending them back to the shop where we bought them- luckily in the Maldives.

This was the big reason why we bit the bullet and bought Zoop for our rentals even though we would have had a very good price on the Puck.

Yeah I'm starting to think I am Pucked as well. One of them even came to me not working, and it was returned and a new one delivered... Really a hassle not being where I purchased them... But I am at 50% so I will keep holding out for some magic fix :)....
Cheers,
Roger

Hi I am hoping that a Mares Rep will see and reply to this post.

I have 4 Mares Puck Wrist Computers. I purchased all of the in the states. Two of the four have the same problem, the symptoms are
1. In the log book it shows that they both have been to 150 Meters as my deepest dive(of course I never went to 150M's).
2. When I put a new battery in the computer it acts as though it will work correctly at the surface but when I submerge it never actuates.
3. It sucks new batteries dry in a matter of a couple of days(even though they are not working)

SN 047869 FRM 00 12 res 172

SN 048307 FRM 00 12 res 005

My big concern is that I have been recommending this as a new diver computer and now 50% of mine are not working 1 less than a year after having received it and the other a year and a half.

Please let me know:
1. if this is a common problem
2. what is the fix, as I am in the Philippines with no service center...

Cheers,
Roger

Hi Roger, Ok, 1st I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with 2 of your computers. Despite what the other poster mentioned, we have experienced very little trouble with the Puck series computers. At anyrate I'd like to help if I can. You say you purchased in the U.S. do you still have a receipt of purchase? If not do you think you could get one? If they are under warranty we will be happy to look at them, repair or replace depending upon the issue. The challenge is where you are located. If you purchased your computers through authorized Mares dealer, and have a receipt we have a couple of options. You can send them back directly to us in the U.S. and we can handle this way. Alternatively we have a global warranty policy, and possibly we could find something closer to where you are today. If you would send me a note of where specifically you are located and whether you are interested in sending back to us directly, or the latter option. Once I understand better where you are, I'll do a little leg work on my end and try to come up with the quickest and easiest solution.

Thanks,

Zak

tracking as I am thinking of buying a puck.

I had a similar problem with my Puck.

the battery seems fine, but at 14 months and 30 ish dives, it no longer goes into dive mode.
I returned it and the original receipt to the dealer I bought it from, and can't even get an acknowledgement that they received it and have sent it on to Mares.
I live in a different city than where I purchased it.

I will now need to purchase a new computer. As much as i liked the simplicity of the Puck, the new one is not going to be a Mares.

Cathy,
I am sorry to hear about your problem with the puck. It does have a 2 year warranty and your issue should be taken care of. If I can help sort it out with your dealer by having our Canadian Sales Manager get involved please let me know the details in a PM. To me it sounds like there is some communication breakdown between you and the dealer. We stand behind the product, again, please let me know if I can help.

Best,

Thanks Zak.

I will try again to get a response from the dealer, I will PM you with an update.

Cathy

Hi Roger, Ok, 1st I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with 2 of your computers. Despite what the other poster mentioned, we have experienced very little trouble with the Puck series computers. At anyrate I'd like to help if I can. You say you purchased in the U.S. do you still have a receipt of purchase? If not do you think you could get one? If they are under warranty we will be happy to look at them, repair or replace depending upon the issue. The challenge is where you are located. If you purchased your computers through authorized Mares dealer, and have a receipt we have a couple of options. You can send them back directly to us in the U.S. and we can handle this way. Alternatively we have a global warranty policy, and possibly we could find something closer to where you are today. If you would send me a note of where specifically you are located and whether you are interested in sending back to us directly, or the latter option. Once I understand better where you are, I'll do a little leg work on my end and try to come up with the quickest and easiest solution.

Thanks,

Zak
Hi zak i just bought pucknpro at US after using it only about 10 dives it reads 300ft while i was diving... bought in US bUt i used it in philippines.. i went to mares Philippines but they declined for the replacement or warranty... and instead told me to coordinate with Leisurepro US... can you help me to accept mares Philippines my dive com...? I just want it replaced as i liked the simplicity, maybe youre new dive com is corrected now... u see its very far... and i was at the convenience if i will transact it in Philippines... i can send you the messages and receipts from the technicians here in Philippines.... i hope u can help with this

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom