Two Perdix computers? No problem. DIY mount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw this on another thread and I just don't get the point of it. Why do you want them both mounted side by side, on a rigid backing? Why not one on each wrist, or just put the spare in a pocket unless you need it?

Computer can show different "widgets" but screen space is limited. With 2 computer I can run twice as many widgets, the screen space cumulatively is larger, thus, in a pocket you'd waste valuable access to dive info, plus, cumulative illumination can be a flashlight in itself.

It is nice to glance once and quickly read info in one place. On different hands it takes too long, specifically if you hold a tool or a flashlight, how can you activate the buttons? If you are to place the computers on one hand, during a dive they list and screen angle becomes too much, imperfect LCD technology makes a screen darker at an angle, you'd have to rotate it back, much maintenance during a dive.

Another problem is the side buttons. You cannot put shearwaters next to each other, must have space clearance for the buttons access. This creates a problem, while one computer can stay on the narrowest part of the wrist, the 2nd computer has to be closer to the elbow. During a dive it always crawls toward the most narrow part of the wrist. When it does, it becomes loose and may even fall and hang. Again, proving it is too much maintenance to keep it in place.

With all this, it is evident that anyone would want them both mounted side by side, on a rigid backing.

Last edited:
I saw this on another thread and I just don't get the point of it. Why do you want them both mounted side by side, on a rigid backing? Why not one on each wrist, or just put the spare in a pocket unless you need it?
That's what I do: new Perdix AI on right wrist and original Perdix as a backup on left wrist (didn't want to sell/could afford to keep it and a backup is not a bad thing). It works well with different info displayed on each and, I suspect, is way more comfortable than slapping that big slab on your forearm (and it looks like changing the battery on the left one might be a little tight given how close the 2 are mounted?) - but to each, his own.

i-b6rjsBL-M.jpg

Last edited:
I also don't get the point having both on one hand, though I really enjoyed the detailed instruction as I can now use it to mount my Perdix on the first flap of my wrist note slate, so I can have space on my wrist for both my Perdix and my slate (got the idea from Edd Sorenson-Cave Adventure).

Wow that look super comfortable to have that long of a ridged plate strapped to you arm.

Aside from being comfortable and not feeling like you have a giant stiff cast on your arm. It is also nice to have the ability to check your computers from different arms. On long scooter dives I am always switching hands.

Love it!
This is my first one that I have used for a very long time.
20211105_181616.jpg

Even though the compass looks in a weird spot it works excellent.

I recently got a petrel2 so had to redesign...
I think I'll miss the compass... but will see.
Was causing interference with each other,
20220213_192823.jpg
20220213_192756.jpg

I use shock cord. I don't know how people like the original shearwater straps, just pain to buckle up,
I like seeing everything in on spot,
Easy to keep track of on the surface.. easy on and off..
I am a bit a surprised that something like this is not manufactured...
My brother got a 3D printer.... I may have to design something.... more compact would be nice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom