Two Steel 120 HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inetmug

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for two steel 120 HP's. Looking to spend no more than $500 cash. Will require current hydro and vip with nitrox clean, or will buy based on results of VIP.

The competition today is heating up. Dixie Divers is advertising NEW Faber 120HP 3442with din/yoke provalves, VIP, and nitrox stickers for $320 each.

That means the days of getting $300 for used steel tanks are over, unless they are very very recent, I would say the days of getting $250 are over at that price depending on age. I know it sucks for everyone that paid $400+ just a year or so ago, but the market is the market.

Located in E CEntral FL. Will pick up anywhere remotely close for the right deal. Serious sellers only please.

Not so fast. I own a set of these faber 120's. The reason they are not as expensive is because not many people want them. The 120's are very heavy, too much so for the average person. I use them; however, everyone I dive with will not touch them because of the weight. Each faber wil be 46.9 lbs empty with -9.2 in water. Add tanks with other gear and this setup will drag most people down. I'm 6' and weigh 260 and with a drysuit, can light, and 40cf deco bottle it takes everything the 55lb wing has to hold you at the surface comfortably. If you lived out here in cali I would let you try mine before you bought some. My 120's stay at home for the most part these days and I run double PS 130's. Going to break my 120's apart and use them as singles, even then they are not as good as my single 130's. Just my 2 cents

I have a pair of worthingtons that are only 12 over the AL80 I have. Here in FL we mainly use neopreme so we are ok in that respect. I still need 8-10# of weight, but I understand what you are saying and appreciate the post.

The Fabers are detailed here, but only 39.2 in weight with -8.82, with .65 empty.

https://www.dixiediver.com/shopping/shopexd.asp

From what I can see Faber has always been one of the most expensive tanks. The normal pricing on this stuff just 6 months ago was $380-$390. I got a pair of worthintons about two months ago for $330 each, but they had to be Viped so add $12.

I have 2 PST HP steel tanks that I am thinking about selling. Original date of manufacture is 06/05. They have just been given hydro and new vip, date is 06/10.
Tanks are in like new condition and are available for local pickup in the Jupiter/Stuart area only. Price is $250 each.
If you are interested, send email to: diverlen98@aol.com

I will sell a pair (3 sets to choose from) - ALL HP120.
Not Faber. But the better stuff. Worthington with Thermo Pro Valve.

Set 1) Hydro until 09/15 and VIP until 09/11 - $315 each
Set 2) Hydro until 03/13 and VIP unti 09/11 - $295 each
Set 3) Hydro until 06/11 and VIP until 09/11 - $275 each

Set 3 is $50 more than what you want to spend. But you are getting worthington. Not faber.

The tanks are in excellent condition. You will NOT be dissapointed. Each tank has has been wet about dozen dives.

Last edited:
I will sell a pair (3 sets to choose from) - ALL HP120.
Not Faber. But the better stuff. Worthington with Thermo Pro Valve.

Set 1) Hydro until 09/15 and VIP until 09/11 - $315 each
Set 2) Hydro until 03/13 and VIP unti 09/11 - $295 each
Set 3) Hydro until 06/11 and VIP until 09/11 - $275 each

Set 3 is $50 more than what you want to spend. But you are getting worthington. Not faber.

The tanks are in excellent condition. You will NOT be dissapointed. Each tank has has been wet about dozen dives.

I can get brand new worthington 120's with the pro valve for $330 each locally, oxegen service ready, add a VIP and stickere for $15.

Dixie divers selling new faber 120's for $319, vipped, stickered, ready to go.

For $5 in the case of Fabers, or for $30 in the case of Worthington.... I buy new.

I just picked up an XS 100HP hydroed and cleaned with valve rebuild for $145.

Good luck with the sale as the market has changed significantly, just like everything else.

I guess I will have to keep these HP120. Cheapest I can find is Leisurepro for $390 shipped.

Would you mind sharing your source? If brand new worthington HP120 are $330. I can only imagine what brand new worthington HP80 are going for. I like to buy a pair of worthington HP80. Cheapest I can find is Leisurepro for $295 shipped.

I guess I will have to keep these HP120. Cheapest I can find is Leisurepro for $390 shipped.

Would you mind sharing your source? If brand new worthington HP120 are $330. I can only imagine what brand new worthington HP80 are going for. I like to buy a pair of worthington HP80. Cheapest I can find is Leisurepro for $295 shipped.

UaVaj,
I Bought 2 Worthington HP 80's for $501 deliverd with VIP. These were NEW. That was in June. Dolphin Scuba in CA had them on sale for 239.97. But shipping from CA was too much. I asked Divers Supply in Marietta GA to price match and they did, shipping was only 21 bucks for the pair.

Dixie is here: https://dixiediver.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=404

You can select the 80CF and see the costs.

As far as the worthingtons, that is a local shop that gives me a deal cause I am a good customer. I would not put his name on the internet without his permission, plus you would have shipping. I am sure he makes money, but not much on me other than I am in there every week :D

Locally there is another shop that is do the worthingtons OTD for $379.

I mean, the Faber 120 deal is pretty good if you are close to them.

I think you should keep the tanks if you can as the market for the top pair as I see it would be $250 each.

Back
Top Bottom