Two Steel 120 HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dixie is here: https://dixiediver.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=404

You can select the 80CF and see the costs.

As far as the worthingtons, that is a local shop that gives me a deal cause I am a good customer. I would not put his name on the internet without his permission, plus you would have shipping. I am sure he makes money, but not much on me other than I am in there every week :D

Locally there is another shop that is do the worthingtons OTD for $379.

I mean, the Faber 120 deal is pretty good if you are close to them.

I think you should keep the tanks if you can as the market for the top pair as I see it would be $250 each.

Thanks for the link, however I am NOT interested in the Faber at all. IMHO - the boyancy characteristic of the faber fx series is pathetic for being a steel tank.

Back to the worthington HP80. I run up that way regularly. Why not hook up a scubaboard member. Send me the vendor via PM. No need to post is on this thread.

I am not broke for tank cash. For $250 on a used worthington HP120 with a dozen dives with fresh hydro and fresh VIP. You are right. I should just keep it.

UaVaj,
I Bought 2 Worthington HP 80's for $501 deliverd with VIP. These were NEW. That was in June. Dolphin Scuba in CA had them on sale for 239.97. But shipping from CA was too much. I asked Divers Supply in Marietta GA to price match and they did, shipping was only 21 bucks for the pair.

Current price on a Worthington HP80 from Dolphin Scuba is $280 - so much for the market going south. Even if diversupply match it locally and add tax. I am still better off buying it from Leisurepro for $295 shipped to my door.

Anyway thanks for helping.

Thanks for the link, however I am NOT interested in the Faber at all. IMHO - the boyancy characteristic of the faber fx series is pathetic for being a steel tank.

Back to the worthington HP80. I run up that way regularly. Why not hook up a scubaboard member. Send me the vendor via PM. No need to post is on this thread.

I am not broke for tank cash. For $250 on a used worthington HP120 with a dozen dives with fresh hydro and fresh VIP. You are right. I should just keep it.

Unfortunaly, the market is the market. Same with boats and everything else. That is why I could not swing steels two years ago as they were into the $400's. Another option for you is to trade you tanks at a shop.

The fabers are about 1# heavier, with about the same boyancy, about 1# difference from the tables I saw. For the price, 1# is just fine IMO. Fabers AFAIK are highly regarded. To each his own.

As far as hooking you up, you have to be a regular customer bro, not just a tank shopper. I will ask next time I am in if he want to promote the deal any further. Like I said, I am a solid customer. Send me a PM when you are serious as you will need to pay in advance. Also, that will be a cash only price, no CC.

Current price on a Worthington HP80 from Dolphin Scuba is $280 - so much for the market going south. Even if diversupply match it locally and add tax. I am still better off buying it from Leisurepro for $295 shipped to my door.

Anyway thanks for helping.

$295 is Divers-Supply's price as well. Not sure where you are but they have a jacksonville and tampa. Remember LP ships with valves out. DS ships with minimum pressure valve in with VIP sticker.

Nothing against LP, bought plenty from them but shipping from NYC and needing a vis makes DS my choice for tanks.

Unfortunaly, the market is the market. Same with boats and everything else. That is why I could not swing steels two years ago as they were into the $400's. Another option for you is to trade you tanks at a shop.

The fabers are about 1# heavier, with about the same boyancy, about 1# difference from the tables I saw. For the price, 1# is just fine IMO. Fabers AFAIK are highly regarded. To each his own.

As far as hooking you up, you have to be a regular customer bro, not just a tank shopper. I will ask next time I am in if he want to promote the deal any further. Like I said, I am a solid customer. Send me a PM when you are serious as you will need to pay in advance. Also, that will be a cash only price, no CC.

I will just keep HP120. No big deal. I am not desperate to sell them. 8 tanks is better than 6 tanks. :D

Back to the HP80. Absolutely. Benjamins for payment. I will personally pickup. Please PM details. I am ready to buy!

Still waiting for your PM. Got money burning a hole in my pocket for a pair of HP80. You got the hook up. Unless there is no hook up.

Still waiting for your PM. Got money burning a hole in my pocket for a pair of HP80. You got the hook up. Unless there is no hook up.

I think I told you to PM me when you were ready? I notice you do not bother to read previous posts very well. I told you clearly that I would only pay a certain amount, and you respond with an offer well outside my parameters.

I also told you that you have to be a customer, not a drive by tank buyer. So for you... there may indeed be no hookup. I hope you can understand shops make little or nothing on tanks these days.... so it would make sense that a well traveled shop will take care of the REGULAR customers. My gut is telling me you fully understand this.

I just got back from a trip. I was just in today filling tanks, but forgot.... not that you were first on my mind as I never got the PM that I required. "Hooking you up" is not first on my list.

I find your posts a bit odd quite frankly. I point you to the faber deal at DD, which IMO is the best deal out there. I am puzzled why you would just not act on that? I am curious as to how much you think you can save when your offers on tanks are way out of market themselves.

You seem overly fixated on this, like you are a shop looking to get into a dealer territory battle.:crafty::confused:

Oh yeah, reember to see the post by Reece.... great deal, full understanding of the market.

MODERATOR: PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD.:idk:

There was NEVER a deal on new worthington HP was there? Thanks for clearing it up.

Looking for two steel 120 HP's. Looking to spend no more than $500 cash. Will require current hydro and vip with nitrox clean, or will buy based on results of VIP.

The competition today is heating up. Dixie Divers is advertising NEW Faber 120HP 3442with din/yoke provalves, VIP, and nitrox stickers for $320 each.

That means the days of getting $300 for used steel tanks are over, unless they are very very recent, I would say the days of getting $250 are over at that price depending on age. I know it sucks for everyone that paid $400+ just a year or so ago, but the market is the market.

Located in E CEntral FL. Will pick up anywhere remotely close for the right deal. Serious sellers only please.

I have a pair or Faber steel 120s with current hydro, vis and Nitrox clean. You can have the cylinders for $500 plus shipping from Missouri.

There was NEVER a deal on new worthington HP was there? Thanks for clearing it up.

WRONG.

You just never did what I asked.

I told you to PM men when you were serious. You never did. I do not take action on posts.

That PM would have triggerd me to really ask the shop if they wanted to extend the "deal" to basically non-customers. I was willing to ask them on your behalf. If they agreeed, you would have gotten the information to contact them directly.

Remember, you did not do what I asked. What you did instead was spew negative speculation that I was lying about the "deal".

What I told you was that the "deal" MAY BE be only for recurring customers. I told you that I, being ME, could get them for, perhaps not YOU. I think I was clear on this up front in previous posts?

For all I know they are giving me the tanks at cost, or nearly cost, which of course is "their" perogative for a RECURRING customer, not just a one-time drive-by tank buyer. This is a simple concept and shouuld be easy to comprehend? Again, I clearly posted this.

My "deal", after the additional VIP and sticker for PP fills, puts it at about ~$350-~$360, which is not big. I also posted this as well. So I saved 20-30 bucks, which I do not consider a "deal", only a small savings. But things add up.

If you would have actually read the posts you would see this.

While you disregard Fabers, many people do not. The Faber deal at DD is ample proof that the market has changed. The fact that you are a Worthington-only person is your issue. The Faber deal is even better than my W "deal" after I vip and sticker it.

BTW, Hatts in Melbourne will do the Worthingtons at ~370-380, cleaned, stickerd, etc. They come O2 serviced anyway, just no stickers and since they have no air they VIP them first to confirm. If you were to become a customer there, they may even do better. They are a GREAT shop, I just live too far away.

ANYWAY.............

I posted originally that I had $500 to spend on two tanks. In a way, you sort of highjacked the thread. You never should have posted on this thread in the first place as your post did not meet the initial criteria. I did not post to "get you a deal", but to buy two good quality used tanks at a reasonable and fair market price.

Now, what I WISH happened was Reece read my post, I would have given him the $500 versus the $400 he advertised. What Reece posted, now THAT my friend..... is a REAL DEAL. Whoever gets that deal for $400 is one lucky man.

I just picked up a Faber HP 100, $145 cleaned and serviced. Now THAT is a good deal.

I will simply start a new thread as I am in the market for one more HP120 so we can stop this moronic banter on this subject. Next time read the posts and only respond if you meet the criteria.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom