Typhoon slams Chuuk, on track to hit Yap harder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from a week at the Blue Lagoon Resort. I had originally planned to dive from the Odyssey, but had to switch to BLR. If anyone wants detailed information on how the BLR dive operations run or even the accommodations and logistics I'd be glad to send off line or in a public post. It took us a few days to figure out how things work there, and the locals are not good at explanations. The diving is absolutely amazing, but BLR can't really provide the same level of comfort you'd find on Odyssey. You'll make fewer dives simply due to the travel time required for each boat trip. The staff and dive guides are great and will do everything they can to help you have a good experience.
If you'd like to bring anything, I'd suggest the following:
1) Batteries. Our dive guide asked that we give him all of our used batteries instead of throwing them away. He reported that they have a difficult time getting good batteries and that they are expensive.
2) Medicines. Anything from simple pain relief to OTC antihistimines or cold medicines would be appreciated. Again, this was from our dive guide.
3) Excess equipment. Although our guide didn't ask for any equipment, the stuff he was using was very, very worn. Our group gave him old lights, masks, o-ring kits, etc. If I'd known I would have brought a lot of old stuff I have sitting around my garage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom