U-1105

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrybosome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

I was just curious if anyone's dived U-1105 near Piney Pt, MD. I didn't realize there was a shallow, intact U-boat in the Chesapeake! Any recommendations for a dive op down that way? Are there any site access limitations since it's a designated historic shipwreck?

Thanks!

You ever get any plan to dive it let me know. I have been wanting to dive that too.

Same here!!! :D

Not to hijack Sinbad, but I signed up for a dive on the USS Radford next Friday (w OC Dive Boat). There's still seats available...

Steve

Same here!!! :D

Not to hijack Sinbad, but I signed up for a dive on the USS Radford next Friday (w OC Dive Boat). There's still seats available...

Steve

If you were diving Saturday I may have joined you.

You ever get any plan to dive it let me know. I have been wanting to dive that too.

I am in as well. Don't think we will find a charter out there, it is going to have to be a private boat. I will see what I can come up with.

I am in as well. Don't think we will find a charter out there, it is going to have to be a private boat. I will see what I can come up with.

Wonderful! Looking forward to it.

I went out a couple weeks ago with the group that went down and pulled the chain up to attach the buoy. Very low viz, but they got everything accomplished. I have a nice murky video of the muck if anybody wants to see what to expect. Going back end of July.

MPT also recently did a segment on the wreck for their "Secrets of the Chesapeake" series:

http://youtu.be/MRtT6TEC-3E

I'm in too, depending on timing. I got a contact for a local instructor who dives it frequently, maybe he can recommend a boat. I'll look into the charter side while you're looking around for a private boat.

Sounds like an interesting dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom