U/W MP3 player - closeout deal from iRiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had to order my player on ebay.

Where are you guys putting your player? i wanted to mount it on my bc and not let it just hang there on the clip they provided.

Padipro:
If at first you don't succeed, read the instructions. :D
if at first you dont suceed, divings proabbly not for you anyway :p good thing regs dont require battries eh :D

so how do the earphones work?? seems like if you just have some speakers chillin in the water by your head it's not gonna sound that great. you gotta use the ear-covering goggle straps or something????????

ValiantLlamma:
so how do the earphones work?? seems like if you just have some speakers chillin in the water by your head it's not gonna sound that great. you gotta use the ear-covering goggle straps or something????????

They work pretty good actually. There is no need to use anything to cover your ears with the headphones. If you crank it up, people seven feet away can hear the music well and understand the words. Farther away, people can just hear the "music". As long as you have a good 9v for the amp, the sound is good.

My camera picks up the music when I have it in video mode.

You can listen to Handel's Water music suite :) and believe me, it really add more relaxing mood to your underwater swim.

alright so before i go through the whole checkout process, they are out of stock? Bumber!! I'd seen some other Iriver units available on ebay a while back but got the impression that the housing was much smaller. Maybe i was confused, or do they have a more expensive smaller version out there?

yes but from reading the above posts it appears that the housing for these units is huge!! I thought there was a much smaller model available? Also i read that the ear buds for the orher units clipped onto the mask straps rather than being attached to a head piece..

there are two versions...maybe 3. during the first part of the thread, they were talking about some different version. the iFp-700 has two products. one that goes to 15 feet for snorkeling and swimming, and the one that goes to 300 feet. the one that i have and gave you the post for, is the one that goes to 300 feet. the housing is pretty big, but it has a mp3 player and a 9 volt battery. its basically the size of a hot dog. the earphones do clip on the mask strap, and the ear pieces is larger that you would think. its probably about a inch and a half in diameter. it can put out a lot of music. i've blasted it a few times and its way to loud to have it at full power at the surface.

Back
Top Bottom