UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately I don't know the dates yet as we are just shifting the location from Jeddah to Dubai due to covid travel restrictions so we might need to shift exact dates as well depending on availabilities.

Everything is changing here all the time, so who knows what it will be like come May.

Stay tuned, and I'm sure you'll find a way to do diving both weekends.

Woo hoo, 24C on the second dive today at Car Cemetery 2, temps are going up :thumb:

Otherwise 23C on Paradise Reef / Kalba Deep, where we found three seahorses. Vis was >5m so that was good. Lots of old anchors all over the place, plus a few other old metal structures that I couldn't identify.

Weather conditions could have been better, although not as choppy as last week.

Pics to follow later.

Two of the three seahorses from Saturday morning's first dive at Paradise Reef off Kalba.

FUJ_6840MCsig-L.jpg

FUJ_6847Csig-L.jpg

FIVE effing boats on Gunther's Wrecks yesterday morning :mad:

Well we were first on the mooring at 09:20ish followed by Divers Down, who tied off on our stern.

Had an issue with my right ear and had to take is slowly on descent, took me seven minutes to reach 24m. Vis was terrible, divers swimming around like seahorses everywhere stirring up sh!t everywhere.

Did not find any seahorses and he only subject that was interesting to me was this juvenile porcupine puffer.

FUJ_6877MCsig-M.jpg

Second dive on Martini Rock was fine, found some shrimps on an anemone but with the current on the bottom it proved challenging to get in the right position to photograph them, not aided by someone upcurrent of me, who was finning and causing UW sandstorms.

Too far from me though to use my knife, I'll need to start carrying a speargun :rofl3:

FUJ_6906MCsig-M.jpg

Did two dives yesterday and commuted back to Abu Dhabi.
Didn't want to stay at the questionable Mirage at Dadna and refuse the 300% spring break extortion.

First dive at New Reef and second at Inchcape 1.
Nothing of note.

I actually chanced upon seven sea horses of varying age - a zemblanity in my unwavering pursuit of a Frogfish.

few dives ago

yesterday another dive friend was telling me she found a rare nudibranch and then showed it to me on her camera

turned out I'd also chanced upon it a few weeks ago - same dive site

What a coincidence

P3150459.jpg

It's a Polyclad Flatworm.

Some do mimic nudibranchs though.

FUJ_6760MCsig-L.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom