Ugh just finished reading......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The SDI nitrox and deep diver specialty books, next comes drysuit. Still have to pack for departure tomorrow. I sure hope I didn't need to actually write something in the iq checks. I answered them, but didn't write anything. This stuff is more in depth than PADI for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am assuming you are taking the specialties. You will need to have written them down for most instructors.

Have fun with the diving!

I need to look at those booklets in the that high speed low drag case they came in.

I didn't find the SDI/TDI course material that much more in depth than the PADI material, personally. I've read the SDI drysuit and rescue course material and taken the TDI basic Nitrox course online. From my perspective it's all about the same amount of material as the PADI OW. I read the PADI OW course book while eating dinner before my first class session, maybe an hour. The SDI drysuit course I read in about 45 minutes the TDI Nitrox course took about 30 minutes to read the actual material, and the rescue course was about 45 minutes.

I think they're all basically the same, as far as the written material. Even the NAUI stuff I've read has the same level of information... it's just the classroom time that seems to be the big difference for the theoretical stuff. The real kicker is the in the practical and I think, as is often said here on Scubaboard, that comes down to the instructor, not the agency.

Whatever the case, enjoy your class and dive safe.

Have Fun doing the best part of the training - Diving!

Have fun with the classes! Where are you going for your dives?

Have fun with the classes! Where are you going for your dives?

We are going to Pelham Alabama.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added January 4th, 2013 at 12:37 PM ----------

On the road now.
Woot!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added January 5th, 2013 at 05:42 PM ----------

We owned the place. 5 dives, water 57*, viz, well it sucked! Rained out for the 6th, LOL.

Max depth we could get due to turbidity was 109'. Going to try for 130' tomorrow. Drysuit, piece of cake, SAC sucks but we pegged that to the inflations of the suit and BCD! I watched the profile from the LUNA and could see the spikes. SAC at the 109' location is about .8, with a 52" chest that isn't too bad (I think). No narcing at 109, kinda neat, so dark it was a night dive! Used the DIRS 1K light. This thing rocks! I need to get one for the wife! AND a back up!

I'll be glad to get these out of the way.

Done! I'll be advanced, deep, nitrox, drysuit now.

LOL and a thinner wallet. Trying to get my dives from paper onto computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom