UK eled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anybody used the UK eled lights before? How does the C4 & C8 compare to each other? I heard that C8 is a bit brighter and last much longer than C4. Which one would you recommend.

Also, if I use rechargble "AA -> C" batteries instead of regular C batteries, would that affect the luminosity and its lasting time?

I swap my eLed module between the C4 and C8 housing all the time. Don't see much difference for one/two dives. I don't use my eLed for daylight dives........enjoy.

If you can, I'd recommend the Light Cannons, best value for money in my opinion for REC divers.

I also know that a light cannon is better, but that's a bit out of my budget.
So, you are saying that if I'm to choose between a C4 & C8, go for a C4?

Do you know how either handles those rechargble "AA -> C" batteries (rechargeble AA batteries w/the adapter to replace the regular C batteries)? How do these batteries affect the luminosity and the lights' lasting time?

ShakaZulu:
I swap my eLed module between the C4 and C8 housing all the time. Don't see much difference for one/two dives. I don't use my eLed for daylight dives........enjoy.

If you can, I'd recommend the Light Cannons, best value for money in my opinion for REC divers.

I have the C8 and really like it. Best bang for your buck that I have seen. There have been a couple of good threads in the last month or so on these lights, including and in depth explaination of why the C8 is better. Search on down the board and you'll find them. good luck. steve

I have a light cannon and made fun of my buddy for buying the C4, I was so floored after seeing it under water I ran out and got my wife an 8 cell LED, she LOVES it and for the price its VERY impressive underwater, VERY.

I've had the C8 eLED since they first came out, and it's been a great light. It's tough, it's got good battery life, and the light is very white.

If you're going to go with the eLED light, you could probably get away with using those AA rechargeables with the size converter, but I wouldn't recommend it. The AA batteries have a lot less capacity than a C, which is because of the smaller size. Their capacity is probably enough to get you through a couple of dives with the eLED's lower power consumption, but you're still going to be running them pretty hard because they're just not meant to be putting out that much current. I expect that the number of charge/discharge cycles on the batteries would be considerably reduced as a consequence.

I used my new E-Led light today for the first time. I have the C-4 with alkaline batteries. I dived my local quarry where the vis today was about 20'or so. I have been using a Dive Rite 10w HID but was looking for a convenient travel light,as the bulbs are somewhat sensitive in the HID...not to mention expensive!
I found the E-Led performed above what I expected. The light was a nice bright and penetrated the water much better than the yellow of a halogen. The light casts a good beam ,if not a little tight,but to a good distance. I made a short dive so I can't even begin to speak to battery life but as I continue to use the light I will post my findings.

I bought the eLed C4 for a travel light and love it. The smaller size yet it puts out a bright, white light that penetrates well. The beam may be just a little tight but very white. I got in 4 dives plus used it on the boat for a few minutes and then used it around home and it's still going on one set of good alkelines. unless you are spending some very serious time UW then I can't see the need for the C8.

I use the AA to C converter sleeves and they perform excellent. I use them for a four dive day and they still had plenty of juice left (2000mAH) One thing you'll have to do is weight the coverter sleeves. AA's are much light than C's so your light will be positive. The light is so good on batteries I saw no reason to go buy rechargable C cells when I had a few dozen A cells laying around.

I have a eLed C8 and compared before buying the C8 and C4 and the C8 is much more brighter. I like it a lot. It is the best, on my opinion, quality/brightness/cost and money-saving maintenance light you can buy!

Back
Top Bottom