UK Lobsters and Crabs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, Any one know if there is a good place in the south of England which has lobsters and crabs? How hard is it to catch one. I know there is a limit and size that you cant get but would like to try to catch one once.

A fishmongers is an ideal place for this kind of thing. It's convenient, easy & it means that there's still lobbies & crabs for me to look at when i spend all this money on kit, travel, air & diving to look at them. (how selfish am i)???

Don't tell me your starting a DIY breeding program??? You don't have to eat them if you buy them. You can get them live & just think of the pleasure of releasing them (when you've done what ever it is you do with live crustaceans). Remember look but don't touch & all that I:¬)

Steve

A good place to see lobbies and crabs is around the Portland area. HMS Hood at the entrance of the harbour has loads of spider and edible crabs all over it. It's an easy and interesting dive too. On the west side of the bill you'll find crabs and occasionally lobsters in amongst the rocks. Chessil Cove, which is one of the best shore dives in the UK always turns up lobbies and crabs as well as the odd John Dory, Cuttlefish and (this year) a dolphin too!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom