Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here you go ... Here is a video

peter

Attachments

• 402.jpg
    402.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 403.jpg
    403.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 404.jpg
    404.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 406.jpg
    406.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 289
Haha, they published that one Day after i asked here. That's great. The System looks bulletproof. :)
Really a shame that a retailer has to do stuff like that, i would've expected something like that from Waterproof.

With a bit of luck i might get my hands on my new Drysuit plus the Ultima in a few Days, i'll be sure to write about that here if you have any questions. :)

certainly looks like marigolds.. or just some dish washing gloves. :)
I thought about trying the latter for lake dives where i don't really have to touch anything... the feeling and flexibility is great.

Edit: just re-watched the Video, you can clearly see "G17K" at 2:04. So yes, those are Marigold G17K Gloves. :)

I received the system today. The wrist seal section is very easy to install where my SiTech Antares system was. That only took a few minutes. But I spent another 5 hours and three trips to Home Depot trying to come up with a jig that would make using my PVC gloves possible (ie: Smurf / or Double Dipped Orange). I ended up with a system that didn't make me totally hate my life; and could get to work with minimal pain and about 5-10 minutes per glove to get right. After spending a good $50 in various parts, I ended up using just about $6 in parts. A roll of duct tape along with 2x 4" PVC couplers; one of which I chopped off a 1" section, and then cut a slit into it to hold the O-Ring in place. And I used the other coupling to give me leverage; help with the process. I might put up a "How To" video; but I would just recommend using Latex gloves (like the Marigold G17K); as that only takes a few seconds to install and should hold up pretty good.

Finally received my new Dry Suit and the Ultima yesterday. I won't be able to test them in the Water soon, thanks to an ear infection. But so far the Ultima looks and feels great.

Getting the O-Rings and Cover-Rings for the Gloves on is a real PITA, but after that it looks solid.
insomniac, my system came with a manual on how to install Latex Gloves and how to install PVC-Gloves with fabric in them.
I only installed Latex Gloves, so i didn't try the other method.. but did you?

You can get two of these at 99Cent Store. I put the O-ring into the glove and then start installing it onto the ring. I clamp where I've started and then install the rest of the glove. Takes less than thirty seconds. It used to take me forever.

I have a jig I created to install the PVC type gloves. They are significantly more difficult to install than the latex style. With my jig I can do it in about 3-5 minutes reliably. I spent 6 hours trying to install without a jig and wasn't able to.

That said, I recently went on a trip and they worked flawlessly for both my wife and I. We each did 15 dives, and although my wife got a hole in the glove from an urchin, we just used a pull over glove to save our next dive; and then when we had time we used my jig to replace the glove with the hole. I highly recommend you keep a spare set of pullover gloves in case you have two dives close to each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom