• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Ultima Dry Glove System question

Discussion in 'Waterproof' started by Basking Ridge Diver, Feb 22, 2016.

1. -JD-

-JD- Eclecticist ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Enlarging the image, it looks like there may be alignment keys on the suit-side ring, but it is not clear how exactly it goes together from 2 pictures.
    If not, I guess the impact of an alignment issue would somewhat depend on both the absolute and relative rigidity of the suit-side and glove-side rings.

I sent a request for pricing and availability to my LDS (NESS). Lets see what John comes back with.

Deep South Divers likes this.
  2. laikabear

laikabear Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    One of my friends may be getting that 4th E setup. I'm curious about it, too.

I ordered a 2nd drysuit from Seaskin in the UK. Slated to arrive sometime in September. I got the Si Tech oval wrist rings and bought the Ultima system separately. The Ultima box arrived today. So I guess I have 2 mos to get those 720s mounted! :)

@Degenerate one of the first equalizing methods I tried for the gloves was cutting short length of plastic coffee stirring straws. OMG so uncomfortable! Way too stiff. Right now I've been just pulling a bit of the wrist cuff of my undergarment under the seal. Now, if I had a massive glove leak, then I'd get a flood into my drysuit arm. And taking off the dry glove underwater and trying to stuff that undergarment back up my wrist would be pretty impossible.

So maybe that's not a good system except for recreational dives.