Ultimate Dive Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a frequent dive guest to Bonaire, we are pleased we were able to provide a first class option for you and your entire family. Thanks so much for sharing your experience in such detail for the dive community. We are so glad you decided to give UDT a try.

Another such guest recently rented a truck for his local dive shop trip and here's the article he published about their experience.

https://www.harpsguidetobonaire.com/post/bonaire-s-ultimate-dive-trucks

Attachments

• IMG_20200109_042621_181.jpg
    IMG_20200109_042621_181.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 253
The gear goes into one of the 4 bins provided, making it super organized with no need to work around tanks because they are stored upright around aluminum bed. Hope this pic helps

So far, the response has been very positive.....to early to say home run, but our renters are our biggest fans.

Maybe you'll decide to give us a try on a future trip.

Attachments

• 20191227_084031.jpg
    20191227_084031.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 20191227_084047.jpg
    20191227_084047.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 252
  • Sprayer.jpg
    Sprayer.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 20191227_084134.jpg
    20191227_084134.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 250
Okay! We are back from Bonaire and had a great trip, minus the fact my wife broke her ankle at Salt Pier on the last day! That sucked......but you know what DOESN'T suck? The Ultimate Dive Truck! That's what I'm here to tell you all about. I promised others a better review on the experience before we left, as we had only been through the reservation process, which was fast and easy!

We arrived and met Eric and Stacy at the airport. Check in was easy. We went over the truck and its features, although they send you a video link explaining it all before you arrive. Too easy! I think most people know what the features are by now, or can look it up, so I'd rather spend the words on the experience. It was just me and my wife but there is no problem diving 4 people out of the UDT. There is plenty of room for tanks, etc. The provided totes are awesome. I didn't even pack a mesh dive bag because my dive gear went right from my travel bag to a tote and stayed there the whole trip. Super easy to carry the totes around to rinse your gear at the end of the day, etc.

At the dive site....grab your tote and hook up your gear right on the side of the truck. Unlock the lock box and get your cameras out (if applicable) and ready to dive, etc. Set your fins, mask and everything else going into the water with you on the shelf on top of the lock box. Put on your wetsuit, etc. Lock your wallet and phone in the box. Step into your gear and stand up. Grab your stuff and get in the water. Have an awesome dive! Reverse the process coming back, only make sure you take a shower when you get out of your gear and grab a cold water or juice out of the cooler! The process was awesome. Very easy and convenient.

One feature to note, because it was important to me. The lock boxes are secure. I've been a police officer for over 20 years and have traveled extensively during my life. In fact, I do some international security work in my side business. Point is, I know criminals from a worldwide perspective and know how they act. The boxes are not bomb proof, but they serve their purpose. Petty theft on Bonaire is just that, petty. If you leave it laying around, someone will take it. You can't get into the boxes easily or smash them open with a rock or hammer, which means it works for what you need it for. Never worried once, and we kept stuff in them constantly.

The last, but probably most important thing to mention is what great people Eric and Stacy are! We never met them before our trip, but became fast friends once we did. They are very friendly and accomodating. Just a couple trying to live their dream of living in paradise and serving their customers. These two go above and beyond! From checking in on us to see if we needed anything while we were there to giving dinner suggestions, etc! I mentioned my wife broke her ankle on the last dive day. We were flying out the next afternoon. Eric and Stacy offered (and ended up giving us) their personal vehicle to drive for the last day so my wife could more easily get around and it helped out a ton! Are you kidding me? Who does that?

We can't thank them enough for their hospitality and their trucks are great. Give them a shot. I think you'll be glad you did! But you better hurry! I can't tell you how many times I had people come up to me to ask me about the truck. It's popular! :)

Attachments

• UDT Bonaire.jpg
    UDT Bonaire.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 204
We have one now! We are certainly getting a lot of attention. No more trouble finding parking than usual. Loving the warm shower after dives! We rented it because my husband is newly recovered from surgery and we wanted to make it as easy on him (and us) as possible. Definitely helps.

Thanks so much for supporting our Ultimate dive Truck business on Bonaire.
We are so pleased that it made your husband's dive trip, post surgery, much easier on his body!

Just one of the many reasons we designed this first class option....
Plus, the shower and lock boxes (petty theft is becoming a huge problem, and these lock boxes offer peace of mind that you can store wallet, cell phones etc, while diving)

See you again

Stacy

Where in Colorado did you move from? BTW nice truck! I love the lock box idea.....but its gonna need to be bomb proof as the "locals" will figure out a way into them eventually. :) But awesome truck!

Back
Top Bottom