ultimate equipment fail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sibermike7

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Here are some photos taken with a camera phone so resolution is not too good. These are from the "diving" exhibition at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis, Indiana. Granted, there aren't a whole lot of beaches around (Indiana Beach doesn't really count, does it?). Nevertheless, please, you could have done better than this folks! You're a MUSEUM for crying out loud!

I didn't know where to put this thread so, dear mod, please forgive me if it is located in the wrong spot and please take appropriate action.

Please point out all of the "fails" from this picture, the one with the most correct wins a free wreck dive in balmy Tallinn's Baltic Sea. (Airfare, and accommodations not included, just the dive!) :)

Note: "Poor" equipment choices do not count as "fails," sorry!

bad diver.jpgcloser.jpgreg.jpg

You mean you don't wear your gear like that. Thanks for the pictures. Great laugh this morning

Are you upset about the split fins or the clear mask skirt? :D I have seen divers set up their piston regulators piston up, piston down, valve handle left, right, and straight back. I use an Atomic SS1 inflator, and I even put it in my mouth once or twice a year to make sure it still works.

There is no right or wrong way to configure gear, there is only the way you and your buddy (or yourself if diving solo) agree to set up your rig. I assure you, the scuba police may have something to say about it, and you may get funny looks from other folks on the boat, but if it makes you comfortable, go for it. Remember, the scuba police usually look like fools.

So, how do I get to Tallin, exactly? :D

Are you upset about the split fins or the clear mask skirt? :D I have seen divers set up their piston regulators piston up, piston down, valve handle left, right, and straight back. I use an Atomic SS1 inflator, and I even put it in my mouth once or twice a year to make sure it still works.

There is no right or wrong way to configure gear, there is only the way you and your buddy (or yourself if diving solo) agree to set up your rig. I assure you, the scuba police may have something to say about it, and you may get funny looks from other folks on the boat, but if it makes you comfortable, go for it. Remember, the scuba police usually look like fools.

So, how do I get to Tallin, exactly? :D

Well, since there really is no right or wrong way, I would recommend using which ever way suits you best! :D

Hahahahaha!! But, aren't I the winner of the free dive? I'll be coming by... wait for it... Backstroke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom