Ultra Nova flooded on first weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocCarl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First let me say that I am a big fan of all my Intova torches. Excellent lights, amazing price.

A few months ago I purchased one of the new Ultra Nova torches and have been itching to get it in the water all winter. Last weekend, I finally had the chance. I made four dives with the light on Saturday and Sunday. By the last dive on Sunday, I noticed that the light was not as bright as it had been. We had a night dive planned for tonight, and I picked up some more batteries and opened the light to change them out at the dive site. As soon as I unscrewed the tail cap, I noticed a little moisture on the end of the battery cartridge. The cartridge was difficult to get out - - - when I finally got it out, I found the tell-tale signs of the battery compartment getting some seawater inside. Fortunately, our other four Intova lights carried us through the dive.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear of your problem. On our initial production run of Ultras, there was a small percentage that had a problem with leaks at the head. Again, sorry, it sounds like you got one of these. We will exchange it for you. Please contact Kevin at (888) 837 0074 or e-mail kevin@intova.net to coordinate exchange.

Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
this thread is the reason my next light will be an ultra nova...i was looking at them today when i bought my DC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom