Ultrasonic cleaner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry Widhelm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a certified repair tech with about ten years experience. Have been working at a dive shop and now want to work from home, with my bosses blessing.

My question: need a good ultrasonic cleaner that doesn’t cost an arm and leg. Yes, I know Scuba tools sells them but they are $800. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Larry

I have a cheap 2L ($60) US cleaner from Ebay, I know we just had this discussion on here recently. Some people use the cheaper ones, some say they break fast. Mines been going strong for 18 months, just used it last week to clean some valves.

It's a shame there's not a middle of the road unit. It's either stupid expensive or fairly cheap.

Doesn't really answer your question, just my experience.

I have a cheap 2L ($60) US cleaner from Ebay, I know we just had this discussion on here recently.

Probably the similar to the one I picked up at harbor freight. It's worked good for me, but I don't use it every day.

Probably the similar to the one I picked up at harbor freight. It's worked good for me, but I don't use it every day.

Doesn't harbor freight have some program where it's a lifetime warranty or something like that?

Yes, I would assume they're very similar.

Just looked it up, I actually bought the 3L model. It's big enough to do 2 1sts, or 2 2nds, but that's it. I was told the 6L model comes with a valve, anything lower than that you have to pick up and dump (not a big deal).

Stainless Steel Industry Ultrasonic Cleaner 3L Heated Heater w/Timer USA 283961337945 | eBay

Purchasing a larger one such as a 10 L allows you to use it as a water bath for a couple of containers with different solutions in so there is no need to dump it between operations. Glass container seem to work best but plastic are OK but may need slightly longer as they appear to absorb some of the energy.

Purchasing a larger one such as a 10 L allows you to use it as a water bath for a couple of containers with different solutions in so there is no need to dump it between operations. Glass container seem to work best but plastic are OK but may need slightly longer as they appear to absorb some of the energy.

I do kind of wish I got a bigger one. The only solutions I'm using are 1/10 simple green crystal warer or 50/50 vinegar water mix. What other solutions do you use?

Bi-card to neutralize the acid bath before the rinse. I use a weaker solution of detergent and often use Dawn dishwashing liquid, probably closer to 1 or 2%.

Not sure if there is a convenient Harbor Freight in Kauai, but if there is, look there. Another place to look would be a local gun shop. Ultra sonic cleaners are often used to clean spent brass in reloading. A third option would be amazon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom