Ultrasonic Cleaning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have reading to do. I have a box of scuba tools and don't know how to use them. yet...

LOL

read a couple docs on the Mk5, doesn't look that complicated.

tools came in about 10 days ago but I had to make a run out of state & didn't even open the box for a week.

Wayward,

Have a gander at Super Stars's MK 5 rebuild on You Tube:

well, the old Mk5 doesn't seal. Air comes out the turret collar. I'll find out why when I open it up. Not surprised, I bought it used & it's sat in a box for some years now.

And the IP gauge I bought seems to read low, it's 130 on the other Mk5 and a Mk25. Both seem to be working perfectly.

Item 16 in the MK 5 annotated file. Its a -012 o-ring ;-)

When a piston head or stem o-ring is faulty, the leak manifest itself through the ambient ports. If the leak is coming through the gap in the turret, then the turret o-ring is the culprit. This does not mean the piston head or stem seals are good, but it does indicate a sealing issue in the turret.

We might have a problem with terminology, so just to review: (sing along now)
The cap bone is connected to the body bone, the turret bone is connected to the cap bone.....

Last edited:
A bad o-ring is the most likely problem, but damaged sealing surfaces are also possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom