Ultrasonic discolouration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the delay, @Graeme Fraser !
I'm concerned that the swabs will prevent putting enough pressure on the areas you want to polish. Additionally, the fine grit gets clogged pretty quickly, so I'd be concerned (given the cost) that you'd be frustrated at what you spent vs. what you got. Here's what I use:
View attachment 625674
I'm sure you can find a cloth-backed Micromesh closer to home. Whatever you order, avoid the foam-backed pads. They do not conform well enough to the surfaces you want to polish.

Cheers!
This product doesn't seem to be on eBay anymore.
Here is an alternative source for single sheets, choose your grit.

But I've been occasionally faced with the same problem @tursiops has - out of stock. In searching for an alternative, I've found that this 3M product is quite good!

It's paper-backed rather than cloth, but seems quite durable. The nice part is that the sheets are quite large, so when you cut them into the 1x2cm rectangles that I most often use, one order lasts a long time! And it's less expensive than MicroMesh.

But I've been occasionally faced with the same problem @tursiops has - out of stock. In searching for an alternative, I've found that this 3M product is quite good!

It's paper-backed rather than cloth, but seems quite durable. The nice part is that the sheets are quite large, so when you cut them into the 1x2cm rectangles that I most often use, one order lasts a long time! And it's less expensive than MicroMesh.
I think you meant your link to go to .
The abrasives in that package go from 1 to 30 microns, which is equivalent to grits from about 400 or 600 to about 8000 or 14,000, depending on the conversions used!
I'm a big fan of 3M...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom