Umbilical/Surface Supplied Air Lines ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

critterc

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on where to get the items to build 40 to 50 ft umbilical air lines or a good place to buy at a reasonable price. Want to try using them in our boat bottom cleaning business.
thanks

Keene Engineering supplies a lot of hookah gear for gold dredging and Brownies makes the "third lung" series of hookah. I used the clear food grade hose with the visible white reinforcement on my hookah rig.

http://www.keeneeng.com/pamphlets/introHooka.html

DennisS:
Keene Engineering supplies a lot of hookah gear for gold dredging and Brownies makes the "third lung" series of hookah. I used the clear food grade hose with the visible white reinforcement on my hookah rig.

http://www.keeneeng.com/pamphlets/introHooka.html
You need to be careful with that clear tubing. While it is food grade I've heard of reports of divers in the Bahamas getting a fungal {lung} infection from the stuff that can grow inside the hose. creepy...

critterc, gotta ask as this is your first post, do you hold a SCUBA certification? It's not just a matter of popping a regulator in your mouth and jumping over the side under the boat. You can seriously injure yourself in as little as 3 or 4 feet of water while breathing compressed air, be it surface supplied or in a tank on your back.

I don't have a supplier for you but I noticed your Oak Island address, I own a place on E Pelican. Welcome to the SB neighborhood.

Scubaroo, if you had read the 1st post I placed here on this board you would have seen that I have a in water boat cleaning business.That should tell you something.
My 1st dive was with the US Special Forces in 1969. I hold a few little PADI Specialty cards (can't remember if it is 9 or 10) Also I hold a certification from The Federation For Underwater Activities in Israel(just 2 star, #3619)and have organized and ran 3 police dive teams.

Herman. yep left Fayetteville(got tired of playing swat and diving for bodies) to retire here in 1989, just haven't gotten to the retired part yet. Perhaps May 1st it will happen and all I 'll have to do is work in the water 3 or 4 days a week. Will sure be glad to see some water above 42 degrees I'm tired of patching holes in dry suits.

I will be using only certifed air line for this DIY project. So far The Prospector Store.Com has the best price on AH50 hose.

critterc:
Scubaroo, if you had read the 1st post I placed here on this board you would have seen that I have a in water boat cleaning business.That should tell you something.
Well I didn't read your first post, and your profile was empty when you posted. There's been questions posted here before by people with no training that would have resulted in injuries if they'd gone ahead and tried what they were asking about - like if it's okay to "take a breath from my boyfriend's regulator while I just snorkel so I can stay down longer", etc. We just don't want to see uncertified people hurt themselves, and sometimes they ask questions here, so occasionally we ask about certification. That's all.

Just an afterthought, if you're working in marinas, watch out for stray AC power. One of those pencil like plug checkers mounted on a stick and swished around the hull will beep if there is AC----most of the time. Have fun

Just looked at the Prospector Store.Com store; a $1.20/foot isn't bad for short pieces.
Going rate is half a buck/ft for the 300' rolls.
What ya really need is the underwater equivalent of a billy goat.

Bob, if you run across a U/W Billy Goat that can shuck oysters let me know I'll take two.Seems like the build up on metal parts is worse this year, getting 1/2 bushel oysters off a small shaft and prop.
Think I am going with the prospector will just need to pick up some brass adapters for 1st and 2nd stage ends.Looks like his only comes with 1/4 inch female.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom