Unable to Stop eMail Alerts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbnewton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have un-selected all 4 email notifications (threads, media, albums, & categories) in "Preferences."

I have also un-checked alerts for replies and attaches to watched threads in "Alert Preferences."

I saved a few times and logged out and back in.

Yet I still receive alerts in email for any activity on watched threads.

Am I missing some other place where I need to turn these alerts off? Anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem as well. I have searched every option in the little drop down box under my name - the same as you. No success at stopping the emails. I'm gonna give any suggestion a try, but if not able to stop the emails, I will probably change my email address to something generic or remove it altogether. Hopefully, I'll never forget my password.

I get the same thing. So far all I have been doing is clicking on the link in the email:

"If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails."

I've only been brave enough to select the first option. Not sure if the second option gets rid of all emails, regardless of where they are from.

Thanks, Hawkwood. I had never noticed the options you mentioned. I just tried "disable all emails" and got the warning "Are you sure you want to update your email notification settings for all watched items?" I selected Update Settings - We'll see what happens.

It doesn't work, I have disabled all emails three times, they keep coming.

It doesn't work, I have disabled all emails three times, they keep coming.
I love the irony here: this thread has not created any alerts or email to me. (which is appropriate to my settings).

I should automatically watch threads I create or respond to. This one shows up as one I watch (appropriate to my settings).

Which makes me wonder if I unwatch the other threads then just let my next post trigger the watch maybe no more inappropriate alerts. I'll try that.

Which makes me wonder if I unwatch the other threads then just let my next post trigger the watch maybe no more inappropriate alerts. I'll try that.

It worked. Alert and email stoped, but threads are still on my watch list. Two nee posts about 6 hours ago and no email. Give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom