Unable to turn off the i-torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

super7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I bought two itorches, one with a narrow beam and the other with the wide angled beam, both running 4AAAs. The beam patterns were good under water, and as recreational diving lights, I thought they were both well designed and affordable.

The only issue I had was, I couldn't turn off the narrow beamed version without taking the battery out (back on the dive boat). No leaks were found. After getting back to the hotel, I put the batteries in again, and had difficulties getting the lights off while scrweing the lens on.After a couple of undoing-rescrewing, it eventually did turn off, but shaking the light got it flickering on-off. Considering the construction, probably the plastic pillar, that pushes away the electrodes and cutting the connection, is a little too short.

I haven't brought my light to the local dealer yet, but I thought this feed back may hold some value for the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Hi there!

Thank you for supporting our product!

Sorry your descriptions seem to be a little off. Our 4xAAA lights only come in a Wide version. Maybe you can take a look at our website I-Torch - The Smarter Dive Light - Best LED Dive light technology Video Tech and Recreational Lights and maybe let me know which lights you have? Where did you purchase the lights from?

As for the problem with the light, could it be possible that you swapped components from one light to the other? I have had a customer do this before and it did crush the circuit board.

Let me know and we'll do our best to get you sorted out.

Thanks,
Doug Taleski

Hi Doug,
Actually, I'm getting concerned.

Thats because, the body looks identical to your 4AAA model, and has identical logos,
+--------------<snip>------------------+
Edit:
Just been told that the URL I posted originally was actually their distributor's.
My concerns that I may have bought a knock off has been abolished.

Kaza

Kaza,

Nothing to get concerned about, We are the Distributor in North America. That is the distibutor in Asia.

send me over your email and we'll anwser all your questions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom