Unbearable Service period....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philip5cf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Japanese workmanship always have my thumb up.......but sea & sea's is VERY disappointed me!

My RDX-450D housing is leaking around the back plastic viewing plate corner, tested by local shop in H.K. with the flat port(56101) have a minor leak TOO(still under warranty), so I send it to H.K. dealer, and they mail it to japan for check up on date 13-July. after one whole month, 15-Aug, they quote me the price for around THREE thousand HKD. I got no choice to pay since the housing been 18 months used, but the flat port is still under warranty, they ask if I have the receipt then I don't have to pay for 700 HKD postage that I have the receipt fortunately! and now.....20th of Sept. NO NOTHING news that I can hear of and ....what should I say? one word is DISAPPOINTED!

AND BY THE WAY, old thing have problem is normal, at the same time I have a NEW flash light YS-01, I got some problem about that TTL, on and off shxt. send to the dealer and they mail it back to japan in a same package. after a month around mid Aug. the dealer send me a NEW ONE! I would say they have the same problem that they could not located so I got the new one. but in some reason that I can't tell, I sold it right away!

anyway, all I can say it is a isolated case might not affect the SALE of sea & sea, but I do hope I would not use their produce in the future. and hope that they can fix my housing and I can sale it out honestly! :(

the housing is back last week and waiting to be test it underwater, but they said the extended warranty period will be three months. I need luck! :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom