Unboxing my new Mako Yamamoto 5 mil...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Lisa

It is pretty common for divers to mix and match the tops and bottoms. Mixing the 5 mm top with the 3 mm bottoms should allow you to fine tune your comfort level for a variety of temperatures.

Dano

Split-cell interior suits are the BEST, especially in the tropics. Sponges are open-cell, split cell surfaces are produced by cutting blocks of closed cell foam to thickness.

Aside from sliding on much easier than Nylon lined suits, you don't have to worry about drying them out between dives (which is challenging on liveaboards in the tropics or on open boats in the North Atlantic). I can't believe that I used powder for decades on my unlined suits instead of spray suit lube.

Amazed I found an old fashion wire hanger here in the rental. Fortunately I brought a lighter. My first hole was just left of center so I placed a second hole just right of center for symmetry. They are tiny holes and I was skeptical but it worked perfectly. No more air head (at least not from the hood :)).

I am so very pleased with this suit. I am even willing to tolerate a little extra warm for the other benefits. Here in Bonaire I put the pants on before I leave the condo so no more dealing with sand and gravel suiting up at the site. Just as I expected, the two piece design is much easier to deal with when I need to add to the ocean level during the surface interval. And on both dives this morning I was able to remove the top without assistance. Happy diver.

Amazed I found an old fashion wire hanger here in the rental. Fortunately I brought a lighter. My first hole was just left of center so I placed a second hole just right of center for symmetry. They are tiny holes and I was skeptical but it worked perfectly. No more air head (at least not from the hood :)).

I am so very pleased with this suit. I am even willing to tolerate a little extra warm for the other benefits. Here in Bonaire I put the pants on before I leave the condo so no more dealing with sand and gravel suiting up at the site. Just as I expected, the two piece design is much easier to deal with when I need to add to the ocean level during the surface interval. And on both dives this morning I was able to remove the top without assistance. Happy diver.

Great to hear the suit worked out for you.

Thanks
Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom