Uncorking a wine bottle....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favourite red wine, Lambrusco, does not need to "breath". It is sparkling, if you leave it to air, the bubbles are lost...
The glass in the video is something you can easily find in a typical osteria on Italian hills.
Not in a Michelin-starred restaurant, indeed...

My favourite red wine, Lambrusco
...is light, simple, too sweet and goes well with almost no food at all. If any. A good Brunello or Bordeaux, OTOH...

lol...

When I made the video I was all about the wine bottle and forgot to give any thought to the glass.

It would have looked more upscale to use stemware. As a Chianti, it might have been more accurate to use one of these but a 'rocks' glass was the closest I had.
BACARO_3_1024x1024@2x.jpg

It's really cool to hear from all the wine drinkers out there. I had no idea this thread would get any attention.

Not all Lambruscos are the same.. Some are very dry, and are the perfect match with our Parma's ham.
This is one of my favourites:
lambrusco-marcello-gran-cru_7161.jpg

Here more technical info:
Lambrusco Marcello Gran Cru Dry Ariola - Wine - Callmewine

I would find it entirely inappropriate to drink a Brunello di Montalcino or a Bordeaux together with Torta Fritta and Parma's ham...

migliori-ristoranti-gnocco-fritto-torta-fritta-parma-gallo-doro-1140x660.jpg

I would find it entirely inappropriate to drink a Brunello di Montalcino or a Bordeaux together with Torta Fritta and Parma's ham...
I have to say that I've enjoyed prosciutto crudo with Brunello more than once. Also confit de canard with a good right bank Bordaux.

It may be inappropriate, but I like it.

My favourite red wine, Lambrusco, does not need to "breath". It is sparkling, if you leave it to air, the bubbles are lost...

... however, with cheaper "traditional method" bubblies, like supermarket cavas, it can remove the yeast "funk" and make it a pretty decent drink.

(And we'll still drink it from Torres brandy glasses)

I have to say that I've enjoyed prosciutto crudo with Brunello more than once. Also confit de canard with a good right bank Bordaux.

It may be inappropriate, but I like it.
You like the wine, but its too strong for the delicate taste of Parma's ham, which will be washed out by the intense flavour of Brunello... And Torta Fritta definitely needs a sparkling wine, for clearing your tongue from the pork's fat ("strutto") where it is deep fried...
This rises a fundamental question: your goal is to eat, and you drink wine just for accompanying the food, or your goal is to enjoy the wine, and you eat some food just for avoiding to have your stomach entirely full of alcoholic liquids?
These are two entirely different perspectives, and if your goal is the second one, then you first choose the wine of your taste, and then you find some salty food to contrast with it between one glass and the other...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom