Under water metal detecting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

River Pirate

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just found this site on a google search. My name is Jay, and I live in Texas. I guess you could say I'm a treasure hunter. I snorkle and scuba dive in three different rivers here in Texas, where thousand's of people inter toob on them. I find all kinds of stuff, from sunglasses, cash, watch's, rings, coins, you name it.
If there is a forum on here are any of you out there that use metal detectors under water I sure would like to talk to you about the subject.
Thanks,
Jay
aka. River Piarate

Welcome to the board.

There is no specific forum, I guess "Basic Scuba Discussions" is as close as you'd get.

I don't currently have any metal detecting equipment,
but I've thinking about buying one.

sounds rewarding....

there was someone wanting to build something like that a few weeks ago. Try a search and see what turns up.

I know that according to a friend of mine on the fire dept that does the "treasure hunting" stuff, you can get into some serious money real quick like just trying to get some equipment. I want to say that he told me he has 1500 bucks in just ONE of his metal detectors, but according to him it as already paid for itself..

Fresh water metal detectors are very affordable $299-$499. Salt water run about $799-$1200 but can pay for themselves many times over in just one dive. GL

hi, and welcome aboard River Pirate

biggmike:
Salt water run about $799-$1200 but can pay for themselves many times over in just one dive. GL

mike, this got my curiosity... could you tell me what sort of
things you have found? thanks! also, welcome aboard to you as well.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Metaldector is what I do. You might also like to check out the web site, www.minelabowners.com for metal detecting info worldwide. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom