Undergarmet fitting Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefugee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I ordered a DUI CLX450 from Divetank. The drysuit package came with a Bare CT200 undergarment. When I tried on the undergarment, it was very loose fitting. It almost feels like I can take two inches off the torso area, and then have the leg, arm, and torso taken in to have a more snugged fit. The leg inseam seems OK - may 1" too long, but not a big deal. Based on the Bare size chart, I should fit into a small size undergarment. I have two BARE wetsuits (size small), and they fit perfectly. Below is Bare's size chart. My measurement is in parenthesis.

Weight 135-155 (125)
Height 5'6" - 5'8" (5'6")
Chest 35-37 (34.5)
Waist 29-31 (29.5)
Hip 35-37 (32)

My question is. Are the undergarment suppose to be loose fitting? I may consider taking it into a seamstress and having the garment brought it. But before I do that, I want to see what people thought.

Thanks
Minh

BTW - I haven't received my drysuit yet, so I can't try the garment on under the drysuit.

Minh,

Don't tailor out so much that it limits your flexibility.

I'm a similar build, but 5'9"/140#, in a Bare CT-200 Medium. There is some extra room in the suit, which of course compresses under water. I figure the extra material doesn't provide much (any) extra warmth, and maybe I carry a couple of pounds extra lead. Some day, maybe I'll tailor out the excess, but it is not a big deal.

If you get cold as easily as I, you will still want a layer of wicking thermals underneath the CT-200.

I say go and dive it.

I expect that you will find a stock DUI suit much baggier than the undies.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I was at Sport Chalet today to look at scuba gear. They happened to have a DUI Polartec PowerStretch 300. I tried on the small and it fits me like a glove. My wife tried on a large, and it fit her perfectly. Now I am seriously debating on upgrading from the Bare undergarment to a DUI undergarment. On scuba.com, the price difference is only $120 per undergarment.

Minh

Be sure to try it on with the suit. You do not want to limit your mobility. Besides, it isn't a fashion show. The objective is to stay warm. Now if there is so much extra material that it is causing mobility problems that's a different thing.
Also, depending on where you will be diving and how cold it will be you mighgt want enough room under the underwear to wear a fleece or the like.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom