Undergrad advantages/disadvantages? Marine Biology or Oceanography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a nice (but kinda "puff") piece that PBS did on Sylvia Earle.

I have an ulterior motive, at about 5 minutes into the piece there's a sequence where the Deep Rover is being launched off a white ship (the R/V Undersea Hunter). Standing on the deck just to the right of the sub is yours truly.

Archman, are there any undergraduate maine bio programs you would recommend and why?

There have been some decent discussions on this topic. Here are some links.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/marine-science-physiology/105149-marine-biology-careers.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/non-diving-related-stuff/40131-marine-biology-recommendations.html

Personally, for an undergrad degree in marine biology (that was conducive to scuba diving) I'd go with a public university in either Florida, California, and Hawaii. There's a nice school in Washington state that has a really good undergrad program, but it's name eludes me.

Hello all,

I'm looking for some information to assist Veterans in using VA benefits toward Scuba Diving courses. I was directed by the VA to conduct a labor survey. I have a form that has about 13 basic questions to ask employers. Basically what I need is contact information for companies that hire divers, not just instructors, such as Training agencies, Magazines, research centers and anyone who would need to hire divers in more than just instructor situations. Please contact me at garthak(at)gmail.com if you might have contact information. The respons to these surveys will aid in the future use of GI BILL benefits towards certifications.

Thanks

PS Need to be US based companies.

Back
Top Bottom