Understanding the Mantis 2's Deco screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That does make some sense but I'm confused that they would show a deco stop that isn't a multiple of 3 for depth. I think taking it for a deco dive and videoing it is the best option for sorting this out.
I agree - 3 meter increments
upload_2021-7-12_8-48-27-png.670512.png

Deco stop #1: 5 min STOP @ 3 m (meters)
I really can dive it in a pot and send it right back!
Building a Transparent Pressurize cylinder
We can test whatever variables you like! I test all the computer battery changes I do in this thing. It's rated to 150psi (10 atm) so we could theoretically go to 300'. I've only taken computers to 180' so far. Here's a Deep6 Excursion at 149' 8 minutes after 0 min NDL, showing a ceiling of 49'. Thirteen minutes into the dive, ascending at 1 fpm.
20200606_203603.jpg

We can find out what your computer is really showing!

And, not to be picky, the pic ScubaPro provided was from "Missed Decompression Stop", and, if I've got them figured out, the diver is in violation. When the Deco stop is at 6m for 2minutes, and the diver is currently at 5.3m, that not within the +/- .5m range. It's .2m too shallow.

And, just because i'm interested, I'm trying to figure how the "10" (Time To Reach Surface) is is CalcuGuessed... 2 minutes at 6 meters for Deco burn-off, and 3 minutes at 5 meters for a standard safety stop accounts for 5 of the 10 minutes; so I'm wondering what the other 5 minutes are supposed to be. THe diveris already at 5.3 meters, so it's not ascent time, he's already there.

But the diver gets an "A" for effort, right?

80' for 33 min on air at GF 40/80 gives deco of 2 min at 6m, 7 min at 3m and a minute of ascent time from 6m, so it's plausible.

Way too much work figuring this out, tho! :)
I admire your persistence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom