underwater bullet camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepseal

New
Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the forum. So here is my first question.
I use a waterproof bullet camera now for doing my underwater video. These bullet cameras can get a little warm. The camera has a screw on lens to cover the actually camera lens. This outer lens seems to fog on me after the camera has warmed up. I saw those mostiure munchers, but I can't put those in my lens area on the bullet camera. Could I use rain X? I dont think is one has been covered here, caused I tried searching for it and came up with nothing.Thanks for your help.

Could I use rain X?
I wouldn't, it will etch the surface and cause it to become cloudy. Unless it's glass.

From Shell Lubricants - maker of RainX:

The Rain-X original glass treatment contains a very high concentration of alcohol, which makes it incompatible to Polycarbonate and Plexiglas surfaces. It will etch the surface making it extremely hard to see through.

Randy Walker

Technical Service Representative
Shell Lubricants
You might try baby shampoo, or mask defog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom