Underwater Case For Panasonic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No they are not and generally only work snorkeling and on cameras you don't like. The camera will not work underpressure and could be harmed. You need a hard case for diving.

does anyone know if they make a hard case for my camera? It is a great camera with macro, optical zoom, and excellent white balance. I dont want to get another one just like it for diving!

No case for that camera, always check www.digideep.com before buying a camera. It lists all cameras with availble UW cases.

It may be a nice camera, but you can't get it wet.

Yes I've had it since before I went diving. I want to get a Digital Rebel for land camera use but I dont want to use that for water. I want just a nice 3-4mp camera for underwater use, I was looking at one of the nikons, but Its not as good as my current panisonic. Thats why i'm so upset that they dont make a case for my camera!.

Are there any kits you can get to customize a case? All I really need is zoom, shutter, and white balance.

You could start by reading the sticky thread at the top of the page. Your best bet is an Olympus or Canon digital as they also make inexpensive housings for their cameras. The Nikons are not nearly as popular underwater. The prices range anywhere from $400 to $1,000 for the camera plus UW housing. The Rebel is a great camera but very expensive to house.

I believe Ikelite will do custom cases for cameras they don't make cases for already. I have no idea on pricing, I just seem to remember reading it on the bottom of one of their catalogues...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom