Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randunu Dimeshan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It's time to give back to the nature.

Madiha-Polhena reef, second only to Hikkaduwa Sri Lanka, is a beautiful gift by the nature. This was heavily damaged by the 2004 tsunami incident and is slowly recovering ever since.

But due to the rise of tourism, Madiha-Polhena area is facing a new threat, Polythin and plastic garbage. And this would directly effect the growth of the reef and the delicate marine life in the area (polhena beach is a playground for many turtles). We started our business, "Polhena diving center" with the hopes of conserving the marine life as we do believe in conservative tourism.

We've been doing weekly coastal cleanups for more than a year now and we thought of cleaning the reef in the end of southern season would be an awesome thing to do. Currently we are seeking the collaboration of Sri Lanka coast guard and would love to invite all the Scuba enthusiasts and people who love to keep our oceans clean to help us with skills and resources.

If you like to collaborate, even help with your ideas it would be highly appreciated. let us know using our email
(Info@polhenadiving.com) or simply DM

We are planning to take the whole day of 8th April 2018 for the project. I'll be updating the post as we proceed.

Let's help a reef to grow again!

Have never dived Sri Lanka and would have loved to volunteer for a chance to dive there but unfortunately I'm not available on that date. Keep me posted and I'll try and make it for the next one. I'm always picking up reason wherever I dive and I seem to be doing it more and more nowadays :(

Have never dived Sri Lanka and would have loved to volunteer for a chance to dive there but unfortunately I'm not available on that date. Keep me posted and I'll try and make it for the next one. I'm always picking up reason wherever I dive and I seem to be doing it more and more nowadays :(

Hi it went great :) We are organizing another one in this December or Early January.

If you are still cleaning up at the beginning of February, we can give you a hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom