Underwater communication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since Zurich can communicate with other units nearby I was wondering if we could get some few basic features to send info to other units?

I got this idea today while diving in 15ft silted area with pretty much zero visibility. (doing search of submerged item in very silty area with low current in the lake)

It would be good to have few basic things (like broadcast to all units in the area for "panic/help" and perhaps few other things.

Thoughts?

interesting... I'll run the idea by ernst. i'm not sure its set up now to actually 'send' stuff other than passive information.

I'd be more inclined to have it transmit "buddy ascending now" or something like that. the last thing i want to see on my screen when i can't really do much about it is a panic alert. if i loose my buddy, i'm initiating lost buddy protocol anyway. i guess if its a deco dive, an "I"m OK" transmission would be nice :wink:

Keep in mind that this was a dive where we knew buddy separation was inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom