Underwater Dart Tournament for a good cause

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
On October 24-26 Central Coast Dive Center is hosting an underwater dart tournament to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The top prize this year is a Black Beards Cruise. I believe they are also giving away some other great prizes like an Aeris computer. The entry fee is $15 and they are asking that people try to collect donations to support this worth while cuase. Their goal is 100 divers and $15,000. For more info:

www.centralcoastdivecenter.com

This sounds great. I'm a cancer survivor and love absolutely love to hear this!

Will this take place in a pool or what? I'll have some stitches over that weekend, that is why I'm asking. A pool might be doable if I can get them to seal up my stitches but the O/W is totally out.

It's being held in the pool onsite at CCDC. You'll be in the pool for about 30 minutes for each round. If you win your first round, you'll move to the second, and so on. If you've not ever been to CCDC you'll be pleasantly suprised with the facilities. There are locker rooms with showers for apres' dive warmup and dressing.

Call Tommy, Katie or Amanda for details at 859-426-0020.

If you are unable to participate in the pool, they will also accept donations. You can make your check out to Susan G. Komen Foundation and mail to:

Central Coast Dive Center
913 Dudley Road
Edgewood, KY 41017

Tommy lost his sister to breast cancer a few years ago and has embraced this cause wholeheartedly.

Being a resident dart freak....how the helly do you play darts underwater?

I want ot know more...and would love to participate, but I have prior engagements next weekend....

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Being a resident dart freak....how the helly do you play darts underwater?

I want ot know more...and would love to participate, but I have prior engagements next weekend....

I'm a dart nut to. Maybe we can set up a board at the quarry sometime next summer.

How U/W darts are played..... I don't recall the rules, but I can tell you the premise.

The "target" is a large square frame made of PVC pipe. Within the frame are smaller sections of pipe cordoning off different point values. The target is suspended vertically in the water by weights at the bottom and floats at the top.

The contestants (2 per round) are given toypedos and take turns throwing them at the target. There are volunteer divers in the water keeping score and retrieving toypedos. When the round is complete, all surface and the u/w scorekeepers transfer the data to the surface scorekeepers and the next round begins.

I've not done the u/w stuff, but I was a surface scorekeeper at the first annual Bosom Buddies due to a broken ankle. My dive buddy did the u/w scorekeeper duty for a few hours.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

I'm a dart nut to. Maybe we can set up a board at the quarry sometime next summer.
Well, it would have to be after diving was completed....I mean you can;t throw darts and not drink gallons of beer.....at least the 5 guys I throw with on Thursdays see it that way.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Well, it would have to be after diving was completed....I mean you can;t throw darts and not drink gallons of beer.....at least the 5 guys I throw with on Thursdays see it that way.

I hear that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom