Underwater Metal Detectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke with the owner of the company that makes the Vibratector. The depth rating is a result of them never really pursuing a deeper rating, not so much a known failure depth. They feel like the weak point is the battery compartment seal. If you can seal it up better then it should be fine to go deeper. When it warms up here I'll be taking mine down deeper and seeing how it performs.

cool i think I will take mine to a buddy and see what it can take in the pot at least that way I can still use it afterwards ,
has anyone looked at the Ebinger site I would be interested in what you think

Cool , if you are looking for a reasonabe starter the Vibra-Tector 730 Treasure Products, Inc | Home of the Vibra-Probe
its fairly good rated to about 10 meters and detects to about 100 to 150mm
i have one a few months now the battery seems to last and I have pulled up a few coins and a couple of lead weights one was about 6 inches down that 150mm
the only criticism is the head is positively boyant and tends to float up when you have it clipped off on the swim out this turns it on but other that that its great

Gold at last
after months of digging up bottle tops rusty nails and assorted junk with one or 2 silver rings i hit a small coin set into what might have been a ring

Attachments

• P7120318.JPG
    P7120318.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 292
I use a Minelab Excalibur 1000 for some fun underwater detecting. My advice to anyone buying an underwater machine is, don't buy a second hand one, unless the owner is prepared to let you try it out first. Some have problems with cracked or split battery cases and housings and some of the control knobs on some brands could be loose and fall off. Best to buy new, that way it's under warrenty.
goldendive:)

How would you say the Vibra-Tector does with trash (like cans, pull tabs, etc)?

Does it do a good job of ignoring that stuff at all?

How would you say the Vibra-Tector does with trash (like cans, pull tabs, etc)?

Does it do a good job of ignoring that stuff at all?

Its a pulse if I recall correctly, so no discrimination what so ever. My sand shark is another pulse unit, and it'll find a twisty tie 4-6" deep which can be a pita, but it has also found my only diamond, and that was on a thin gold ring 8" deep, that my CZ-20 only picked up at about 5" in my test garden, so pulse units have their good and bad

Back
Top Bottom