Underwater ROV with Speargun - Sit on your boat a spearfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAKaprocki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all you divers! Being retired and to much time on my hands, just invented an Underwater ROV/Spear gun "Stingray". My intention was for the divers who can no longer dive for medical or for other reasons but still want to Spearfish. It is still in development. Should complete the project in a month. Putting it on “Kick Starter” in 2 weeks.
Still need to design the “Control Panel” but should not take but a week. Let me know if anybody is interested. Again Kick Starter in 2 weeks. I will keep you informed.

Really want your thoughts good or bad.

Check it out on my web new site.
www.GreatSmokyMountainsWoodworks.com

P.S. Being born and raised in Key West Fl. started diving at 12 (1965 no reg's back then) I will have to make a trip down and gets some pic's shooting a fish with this new ROV.

Safe Diving. John

Very nice idea John...
Even without spearfishing it would be nice to have a sort of ROV weapon to play with...
I don't know how it works in the US, I would say in Europe this sort of ROV would require a special fishing licence to be operated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom