Underwater Towns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROCKY_ONE:
Lake Jocassee in Salem, SC. Its the valley that was flooded in the movie Deliverance. There is a girls lodge at 325', cemetary at 130', stone bridge, church foundation or two and supposed to be a pickup truck somewhere. There is also a dive shop on Jocassee Rd going to the lake (www.offthewalldiving.com). You can get a lot of information on the lake, charters, etc.

Please check out my website for info on Jocassee. My family is from Jocassee, so I can tell you just about anything you want to know. :wink:

Milerton Lake outside Fresno, Ca has a town submerged every once and a while the lake gets low enough the church steeple will be above water

lake almanor in plumas county calif has a underwater town. I have never dove it but a friend of mine found a lot of china plates and saucers. I lived up there for about 7 years. most of the town was moved to chester and canyon dam. good luck!! it about 5000 elevation.

Brian1968:
Lake Minnewanka, Alberta Canada

There is a flooded town well out in the lake (need a boat). As well there there are the flooded remains of the dam which flooded the town and some other structures that can be dove from the shore. The place has been intentionally flooded at least twice.
good evening. I just my first dives at minnewanka and am keen to see the old town site ( we did the old dam and piles ). I can't seem to find out the exact location other than 197 m offshore and wondering if there's a more desciptive text?

thanks
Glen

Panama... the towns flooded by ... well the canal.. also an entire train system.. including buildings...Train is still sitting on the tracks.

Lake Jocasee in South Carolina. It was flooded after the movie Deliverance was made in the '70's. The church, graveyard and other buildings are still divable, at 140ft +.

glenkerr:
good evening. I just my first dives at minnewanka and am keen to see the old town site ( we did the old dam and piles ). I can't seem to find out the exact location other than 197 m offshore and wondering if there's a more desciptive text?

thanks
Glen

You can have a look here:

http://parcscanada.pch.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/banff/natcul/Dive_e.pdf

You could also pick up a copy of Bill Hall's diving guide book "Southern Alberta Diving". It should be available in most dive shops around here.

has anyone ever tried diving in the santa fe in florida. my mother and i use to snorkle there and found all kinds of things like sprear heads and even a mortal pestal. you never know what you might find. My brother found a petrified tooth about 3 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom