unidentified fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The middle picture is a Naso Tang, and another tang of some sort.

The top pic looks like a Jack of some sort.

The bottom pic is a wrasse, but I cannot remember the name at the moment.

The ones in the first two pics are some kind of Jack. Barred Jack? Golden Trevally? Both have bars down thier sides. I'll see if I can get a more specific ID.

The bottom fish in the second picture is a surgeonfish of some sort. Look at the spines on each side of the caudal peduncle (the area right before the tail.) I wouldn't be able to tell for sure unless I saw a side view.

The Jacks in the top 2 pictures could be Bar Jacks - not tropical western atlantic Bar Jacks but a type of jack that is found in the Pacific "Carangoides Ferdau" which beaJs the same common name. I think this is more likely than Golden Trevally because your fish and the Bar Jack both have dark rims at the edge of the tail, and the Golden Trevally does not.

The top two photos are bar jacks as raviepoo posted (Carangoides Ferdau)
The next two fish are both Unicorn surgeonfishes. The top one is a Bluespine Unicornfish (Naso unicornis), and the bottom one is an Orangespine Unicornfish ( Naso lituratus).
The bottom picture is of a young Humphead Wrasse or Napoleonfish (Cheilinus undulatus)

Back
Top Bottom