Unseasonal weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keeping an eye on this as well as I'm supposed to be diving there starting next Wednesday (Phuket for 4 days, then Similan Islands for 3).

Bangkok Airways has restarted normal operations in Koh Samui today after a 1 day closure and the dive op I called also said that they were only closed for the day the government mandated no boats in the water. The impression I got from both of them was that the storm wasn't as strong as originally thought when it made landfall - this was yesterday so I hope it's remained that way. I went through some of these storms growing up and the amount of time it takes for the locals to recover is huge.

Koh Tao was barely affected other than some heavy rain and strong winds, nothing to worry about despite all the warnings telling us to do so

Keeping an eye on this as well as I'm supposed to be diving there starting next Wednesday (Phuket for 4 days, then Similan Islands for 3).

Bangkok Airways has restarted normal operations in Koh Samui today after a 1 day closure and the dive op I called also said that they were only closed for the day the government mandated no boats in the water. The impression I got from both of them was that the storm wasn't as strong as originally thought when it made landfall - this was yesterday so I hope it's remained that way. I went through some of these storms growing up and the amount of time it takes for the locals to recover is huge.
The storm hardly affected Phuket and Khao Lak.

Nothing happened here in Phuket except all trips were cancelled for 2 days as a precaution. All sunny again now, a bit breezy, but that's normal for the "Northeast Monsoon" season.

How's the visibility on the Andaman side right now? Heard Richelieu Rock was 2m yesterday, wondering about Hin Daeng, Hin Muang etc..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom