Unusual ScubaPro 109 poppet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found this inside an old SP 109. I haven't seen this style of poppet in the documents or discussions here at SB, except possibly the 1978 Technical Manual. The cut-away diagram on page 10 appears to look like this one. The odd thing about this setup is that the spring end just seems to rest crudely on the thin cylinder end of the poppet.

Have I guessed correctly at this, are there parts missing, or is this some kine of DIY kluge that someone else installed?

P1310220_oldpoppet.JPG

Attachments

• Technical Manual for Scubapro Regulators_1978.pdf
    9.6 MB · Views: 118
That setup is not uncommon in older 109s-no parts are missing. @Bryan@vintagedoublehose.com put the attached file together.

It's best to replace the poppet in your picture with a new Duro poppet that has a replaceable seat. They are available at Vintage Double Hose
Store | Vintage Double Hose

Attachments

• Scubapro poppet changes.pdf
    813.3 KB · Views: 102
What Couv says. I've seen a number of those older style ones. You need to upgrade. My 2psi. Mark

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. I'd seen that pdf, but it doesn't show this early version. I wondered if someone had frankensteined this one in.

I've got a duro poppet but before using that, just for grins I'm going to try reusing the old one. I chucked it in the drill press and dabbed it lightly on some 1000 grit emery paper, just enough to reduce the imprint to almost nothing. The cup was loose so I cemented it back in place. If it doesn't work well, the duro poppet is next.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to your update (with pix if possible.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom