Upcoming OW Class at DD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RowingMunkeyCU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all!

Just signed up to be re-certified at DD after not having been diving in 8 or 9 years.:D Anyone else on here going to be in the class? (They haven't told me a start date yet though)

Tavi:
Glad to hear it!!

A weeknight class or a Saturday class??

I sometimes help out with the Saturday classes.
Probably a weeknight class (the woman who was working the counter on Saturday thought they would be Thursday evenings, but wasn't positive). Either way, I'm not really tied down so I'm just waiting to hear :)

ya, that was the goal :wink:

wait long enough that the water (well, at least some of it) has had a chance to warm up, and not too long that i'm going to be freezing off various body parts...

Tavi:
Cool!!

There's still plenty of time to get cerified and get some diving in before this seasons over!! :D

what do you mean before the seasons over wuss bag...Here in MI we dive year round :) dont let a little ice get in the way do ya?

hollywood703:
what do you mean before the seasons over wuss bag...Here in MI we dive year round :) dont let a little ice get in the way do ya?

Who are you calling wuss bag??

I've dived in 37f water.

Most divers around here don't dive from the time the snow flies until Ice out.
And we don't do training dives when the water is below 60. If the newbies don't have fun, they don't come back!! We like to see them have fun and continue diving!!

Rick, pay no attention to the n00b.

Who are you calling wuss bag??

I've dived in 37f water.

Most divers around here don't dive from the time the snow flies until Ice out.
And we don't do training dives when the water is below 60. If the newbies don't have fun, they don't come back!! We like to see them have fun and continue diving!!

I just don't get that not diving in the winter thing... I have to drive north from Buffalo to Toronto in the winter just to go diving :shakehead:

I can understand a few people not wanting, but everyone? Or is it just that there are no dives sites that stay "open" year round?

Sweeeet... classes are finally scheduled to start on the 19th! It would've been nice to start sooner, but I guess thus follows the phrase "good things come to those who wait". :-D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom