Upcoming OW Class at DD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just don't get that not diving in the winter thing... I have to drive north from Buffalo to Toronto in the winter just to go diving :shakehead:

I can understand a few people not wanting, but everyone? Or is it just that there are no dives sites that stay "open" year round?

I only know of a couple divers that dive year 'round near home.

One of our year round sites was taken from us. It is now unlawful to dive from Deep Run Park on Canadagua Lake.

Webster Park........the vis is 6 th 8 foot on a good day.

The River ??????????? DD Does it Wednesday evenings from April 'til November.

a couple of quarrys in Canada seasonaly.

know of any other spots??

Sweeeet... classes are finally scheduled to start on the 19th! It would've been nice to start sooner, but I guess thus follows the phrase "good things come to those who wait". :-D

Enjoy your class! Your Life will never be the same again!!!!

One of our year round sites was taken from us. It is now unlawful to dive from Deep Run Park on Canadagua Lake.

D@MN THE MAN!!!!!

To those that suggested DD for classes: THANK YOU :D

Had the first class yesterday (just the paperwork, ie - "you won't sue us if you die" :wink: ) and I'm really psyched to get in the pool next week.

I'm really impressed that they start you off with a long hose primary second stage, and a bungeed octo, as well as a back-float bc, and a good quality shorty (or full wetsuit if we get really chilled) for the pool sessions. Dallas is really friendly, and it's awesome to see that he cares so much about actually teaching students, and not just trying to 'make the sale'. The flexibility for scheduling, the equipment purchase policies, the free refresher courses, the active diving schedule, etc. make it well worth spending the extra bucks for equipment at the shop versus internet purchases.

After a less than stellar experience with a shop in Binghamton about 8-9 years ago, this really has me excited.

To those that suggested DD for classes: THANK YOU :D

Had the first class yesterday (just the paperwork, ie - "you won't sue us if you die" :wink: ) and I'm really psyched to get in the pool next week.

I'm really impressed that they start you off with a long hose primary second stage, and a bungeed octo, as well as a back-float bc, and a good quality shorty (or full wetsuit if we get really chilled) for the pool sessions. Dallas is really friendly, and it's awesome to see that he cares so much about actually teaching students, and not just trying to 'make the sale'. The flexibility for scheduling, the equipment purchase policies, the free refresher courses, the active diving schedule, etc. make it well worth spending the extra bucks for equipment at the shop versus internet purchases.

After a less than stellar experience with a shop in Binghamton about 8-9 years ago, this really has me excited.

Glad to hear that your happy with everything!!

Hey, we wouldn't steer you wrong!!

Want to finish up your classes and C-Dives in the Bahamas?? I'm leaving for Grand Bahama in 22 Days!!

Glad to hear that your happy with everything!!

Hey, we wouldn't steer you wrong!!

Want to finish up your classes and C-Dives in the Bahamas?? I'm leaving for Grand Bahama in 22 Days!!
Haha, I wish... just getting into our busy season at work (open enrollment for a HMO). Plus, holding off on the warmer trips lets me spend a bit more on my gear :)

I'm actually looking forward to the checkout dives in Lake Erie, if the visibility is anything like what Dallas described (100' on a good day), or getting a few drift dives in (I think he said they were in the Niagara River).

Haha, I wish... just getting into our busy season at work (open enrollment for a HMO). Plus, holding off on the warmer trips lets me spend a bit more on my gear :)

I'm actually looking forward to the checkout dives in Lake Erie, if the visibility is anything like what Dallas described (100' on a good day), or getting a few drift dives in (I think he said they were in the Niagara River).

If you change your mind, the offer stands. Being one of DD's Instructors I'm sure we could work it out. You can stay with me for $100 per week (the couch pulls out to a double bed). 1 or 2 weeks, your choice. Your expenses would be Airfare, diving and food.

DD won't let you do Niagara River Drift Dives until your C-dives are completed. Unless they've changed things.

They're a great bunch. I recommend them to many people interested in learning to dive. My wife and son certified with them, so what does that tell you? The river drifts are a good time, but I'm partial to the Lake Erie wrecks....

I'll probably be at the pool on wednesdays to help out.

Rick, you attending the dinner cruise tomorrow?

They're a great bunch. I recommend them to many people interested in learning to dive. My wife and son certified with them, so what does that tell you? The river drifts are a good time, but I'm partial to the Lake Erie wrecks....

I'll probably be at the pool on wednesdays to help out.

Rick, you attending the dinner cruise tomorrow?

I'd like to be there, but right now it doesn't look possible.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom