Upcoming trip to LCBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corrinado

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,
Family and I are leaving Saturday for a dive trip to Little Cayman. This will be our first big dive trip since St Thomas 2y ago (little trips in between to keep fresh). Will be diving with my daughters (15 and 13) while my wife and younger son will be mostly pool and beach bound. Any travel tips or packing recommendations? Anything you wished you'd brought?
I realize these are very broad generalized questions, just looking for maybe that little nugget of advice to save us some troubles.
TIA!

Maybe just the usual - pack a bathing suit in your carry-on in case luggage is delayed, especially if some plan to mostly spend time at the beach or pool.
Haven't been to Little Cayman but you might find some suggestions in the Cayman forum.
Have a great trip !

LCBR is great! We were there in early December and will definitely go back. Aside from the usual diving equipment, I'd suggest you bring bug spray -- we did get a few mosquito or no-see-um bites. Nothing major but annoying. If you've not yet been to Little Cayman, the weak link in the chain is Cayman Air. Lots of posts here on SB about that, but in summary: luggage delays happen. We flew on a Saturday afternoon from GC to LC and didn't get our bags till Sunday afternoon, so as the previous poster said, put essentials in a carry-on bag. The dive shop at LCBR is used to this annoying Cayman Air problem and kitted us up to dive on Sunday morning for no charge. But if you have your own regs, computers, etc., carry them on. And whatever you need for the overnight and a.m. in the event your big bags are delayed. Cayman Air limits the carry on to 15 pounds -- if they check and you are a bit over, they "may" charge you depending on how much over (and it seems how the gate agent is feeling at the moment). But they are pretty strict about size of the carry on so check their website for the dimensions. We had daypack style bags and were OK. Enjoy your trip!

LCBR is great! We were there in early December and will definitely go back. Aside from the usual diving equipment, I'd suggest you bring bug spray -- we did get a few mosquito or no-see-um bites. Nothing major but annoying. If you've not yet been to Little Cayman, the weak link in the chain is Cayman Air. Lots of posts here on SB about that, but in summary: luggage delays happen. We flew on a Saturday afternoon from GC to LC and didn't get our bags till Sunday afternoon, so as the previous poster said, put essentials in a carry-on bag. The dive shop at LCBR is used to this annoying Cayman Air problem and kitted us up to dive on Sunday morning for no charge. But if you have your own regs, computers, etc., carry them on. And whatever you need for the overnight and a.m. in the event your big bags are delayed. Cayman Air limits the carry on to 15 pounds -- if they check and you are a bit over, they "may" charge you depending on how much over (and it seems how the gate agent is feeling at the moment). But they are pretty strict about size of the carry on so check their website for the dimensions. We had daypack style bags and were OK. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you! That's very helpful, will definitely take this advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom