Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duke Dive Medicine

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

ScubaBoard's prohibition against multiple identical threads in different forums has been waived due to the public service value and time sensitive nature of this thread.

Hello all,

I wanted to provide an update on some of the Swimming Induced / Immersion Pulmonary Oedema (SIPE / IPE) research being conducted at the Duke Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Environmental Physiology.

Dr. Moon is moving into the next step of his research with the goal of developing a treatment and possibly even prophylaxis for SIPE / IPE. He is looking for study subjects ages 18-45 who have had at least one incident in the past and have no underlying cardiac disease. I'm linking an article below with his contact information.

Sildenafil: The pulmonary oedema wonder drug? - Research Outreach

Please don't hesitate to reach out via PM if you have any questions. I'll be posting this thread in multiple forums on SB and social media.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom