Update on my Icon HD Net ready

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My first Icon would not reconnect properly to the Dive Organizer, every time resulting in a New Computer window. After many hours attempting to debug this problem I finally got through to Brad at Mares and after more attempts he finally advised me to return it.

To the credit of Scubatoys they promptly sent me a brand new computer and lo-and-behold this one connects perfectly. I noticed the firmware listed in Settings, About Icon HD shows the FW version in different format than before-- this one lists the Firmware (after update) as 3.04. The previous computer listed 00.00.09.

Also this one has two test dives, the first only had one.

Anyway this one connects properly and is recognized as a previously connected Icon when reconnected. Something was not right with the info the first Icon was sending the Dive Organizer.

Also this Icon paired with the tank module on first attempt to G1.

I recall there was one other diver having the same problem as me, so I would recommend he send his in for repair or exchange as well.

Now I'm looking forward to my first dive with it.

Adam

Well I know the time spent troubleshooting and then waiting for the replacement was a huge pain, but glad to hear you stuck with the icon. Like you, I was also looking at the Sol, but I just feel that with the amount of low vis diving I do, this display is going to win out. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you get it wet.

Well I know the time spent troubleshooting and then waiting for the replacement was a huge pain, but glad to hear you stuck with the icon. Like you, I was also looking at the Sol, but I just feel that with the amount of low vis diving I do, this display is going to win out. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you get it wet.

Yes. I'll try it here in S Cal and at end of month in Cozumel. I started with the Oceanic Prodigy when it came out and then added a Vyper, so this will be my third computer.

I plan to pull the SPG out of the console boot and clip it DIR style to act as a backup, and dive with both the Vyper and the Icon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom