Update- thanks for all of the advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pepperbelly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not too long ago I was pestering the board about regulator choices.
I couldn't afford, or justify, buying new, and wanted the best I could afford.
There were several offered here, but they each had some small drawback- either not a complete setup or would need servicing after it shipped.
Everyone here suggested Atomic or Scubapro or Deep6, etc. Those were all very good choices but it was getting above what I had to spend.
I found a very local guy with a set for sale and I bought his.
I bought an Oceanic FDX10 with Delta4 second stage and Alpha8 octo with gauges for $300.00, with a very fresh rebuild. He also gave me the receipt from the rebuild showing what was done and what the settings were.
I didn't like the large Mares gauges and went to the shop that sold me the original Oceanic regs I had problems with and bought the 3 gauge/console I had been using- that also had a new hp hose

I know many here don't like Oceanic, but after a lot of research they seem to be at least as good as many others and will suit me for a long time.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and answered my questions.
Sorry if my constant questions bothered anyone.

I wanted to add that the seller also had me bring my bcd so we could find an inflator hose that was the correct length. We went through 2 or 3 and made sure everything worked with no leaks.

Thanks Sean. I appreciate it.

One bonus, if it can be called that, is the second stage hose has a swivel. I have no idea why all regs don't have one.

Glad you found a reg set that you're pleased with! Hope you enjoy it and dive often!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom