Update: The Board is Unreachable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For a few days many users coming to ScubaBoard found it to be unbearably slow if not unreachable. The problem, which has now be resolved, did not pertain to the board its self but rather to the server which it runs on. Because of the unusually high load to the board (everyone is trying all the new functions) our access logs which record what files are viewed and when grew immensely. These logs rotate on a weekly basis but even this was not enough to trim them down. When the logs reached several gigabytes in size the clogged the file systems until our error logs also filled up. Unfortunately this problem occurred while I was out of town and our backup administrator was not alerted for several days, we have however corrected the problem and changed the method of logging such that it does not happen again. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Tech Admin:
For a few days many users coming to ScubaBoard found it to be unbearably slow if not unreachable. The problem, which has now be resolved, did not pertain to the board its self but rather to the server which it runs on. Because of the unusually high load to the board (everyone is trying all the new functions) our access logs which record what files are viewed and when grew immensely. These logs rotate on a weekly basis but even this was not enough to trim them down. When the logs reached several gigabytes in size the clogged the file systems until our error logs also filled up. Unfortunately this problem occurred while I was out of town and our backup administrator was not alerted for several days, we have however corrected the problem and changed the method of logging such that it does not happen again. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Good news is everyone likes it and is using it....bad news is everyone likes it and is using it.....Thanks for the hard work.

Thanks!

Joe

Tech Admin:

Good deal! Looks like you got it. On another note I'm having some authentication issues. For example, when I tried to reply to this post I had to log back in. In fact, whenever I try to reply to a post I have to log back in. I cleared my cookies before and that seemed to help. Anyone else reporting this problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom